Other Amps

What Fender amp?

My '68 Super Reverb.

I won't be gigging with this monster anymore, but it sounds great in the studio.

Guess I'd go for the gusto ........Vibro King.

Well,I guess I'm the weirdo here but the only Fender I've gigged with over the last ten years, or so, has been my Hot Rod Deville and I love having the a/b channel option to push the tubes naturally and it has great tone and no loss for volume. It's a bit heavy and loud but for my needs...great!

Princeton Chorus.

The greatest little secret in music. That amp is the best piece of musical equipment ever made.

– Sanctuary

I always kind of liked these except for the distortion/overdrive sections. They can be had dirt cheap these days. But "the best piece of musical equipment ever made"? Seriously? Not even close.

I always kind of liked these except for the distortion/overdrive sections. They can be had dirt cheap these days. But "the best piece of musical equipment ever made"? Seriously? Not even close.

– Don Birchett

The distortion was OK. But I'm not into distortion. If I wanted distortion I'd have bought some dual rectifier Marshall contraption. Clean. I enjoy a crystal clear tone and the Princeton Chorus is the best out there for that. I have what is always touted as the best amp for clean tone - the Roland Jazz Chorus - but to me the Fender Princeton Chorus is far better.

And, yes, it is the best piece of musical equipment ever made. It does what it is supposed to do and it does that better than any other piece of gear that claims to do that. Plus it doesn't cost thousands of dollars.

OMG, I forgot who we were dealing with here. And I took the bait. Don't feed the trolls here, folks.

Probably a Deluxe Reverb.

But if I was only allowed one amp for a desert island and it didn't have to be a Fender....I'd get a Magnatone 260.

Guess that I can't play in this one because I can't pick an amp with "Fender" on it.

I'm happily in the Cave Valley amp camp now, with a little Vox too.

Oh well, I'll get along just fine. Lol

I have a '65 Princeton w/ a 12" C-Rex. Loud, full, clean. Good luck in your search.

'65 Blackface Deluxe. The non-reverb Deluxe.

Register Sign in to join the conversation