Other Amps

There’s a new OCTAL amp in town…. and I want one!!!!

Whoops... sorry! Missed it yesterday!

Aren't most Gretsch guitars made in Japan or Korea? ;)

Aren't most Gretsch guitars made in Japan or Korea? ;)

– ruger9

actual Gretsch guitars (yes I said it) are made in Japan. A WORLD apart on so many levels.

actual Gretsch guitars (yes I said it) are made in Japan. A WORLD apart on so many levels.

– TheNocturneBrain

But still.... offshore. Global business is either ok or it's not, the company making them in in Kalamazoo MI. So it's an American company. Kind of like how Ford Motors assembles cars in the US, but not 100% of those car parts are made in the US...

I get the problem with chinese sweatshops and such; but Grestch started making guitars in Japan at least partially because it was cheaper to do so. It's just business. Still an American company. And the Electromatics are made in Korea.

I wonder where everyone's cell phone was made, hmm? ;)

It’s interesting that in their own promo photos the Tolex is all wrinkled and saggy. THIS is the one they’re showing off.

just for clarity and transparency...the parent company is bandlab tech..they are in singapore..they just happen to have a stake in heritage guitars now..which was recently sold...so they are making a weird line of rather costly solid harmony branded guitars in the old gibson/ heritage kalamazoo factory...

these amps are built in asia tho...

bandlab tech also recently bought large share of rolling stone magazine.. they also own teisco brand ...and many others...they are on the move as a music powerhouse

just sayin...for better or worse? , that i leave to you

cheers

They also own Guitar Magazine here in the UK.

They also own Guitar Magazine here in the UK.

– Shuggie

The amp review should be interesting.

Well, I've owned a couple of these "cheapies" over the years... I owned the Champion 600 twice (and modded one of them), I also tried the Excelsior (it went right back).... so we'll see how the 6SJ7 changes things.... even tho the demo was all "rock"-ish tones, it still sounded better to me than the C600 or Excelsior EVER did, so I have high hopes....

And, even if I'm 100% satisfied out of the box, since it's HANDWIRED, and classy-looking (furniture), it would be worth keeping as a "project" (meaning, over the years, if I wanted to change the speaker, or add a tone control, etc.)

Register Sign in to join the conversation