Other Amps

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part…

Cool. I’m guessing that Tone Masters are the way to go these days. Let us know how you like it.

I'll always have tube amps, but it's nice to have a lightweight amp for on the rare occasion I play out.

Huzzah! Tone Master has arrived. Will work on open boxing/demo video tomorrow.

Huzzah! Tone Master has arrived. Will work on open boxing/demo video tomorrow.

– Surfysonic

Nice, but how do you open the box from the ‘other end‘ while keeping ‘this end up’?

Nice, but how do you open the box from the ‘other end‘ while keeping ‘this end up’?

– NJBob

Put a small explosive underneath?

Congrats on the new amp, Surfy! Look forward to hearing what you think of it. Didn't know they were making them in a blonde/ brown. Cool !

– NJBob

It's the Schrodinger's cat of amplifier boxes. Is there an amplifier inside? Yes. And No.

I'm still interested in the Twin Tonemaster, but only from a clean headroom standpoint.

– NJBob

Crazy rebel that I am, I ignore the signage.

I may use this box for shipping out the '60 Fender Vibrasonic and I'd prefer to keep the heavy duty packing staples securing the box on the bottom.

Put a small explosive underneath?

Congrats on the new amp, Surfy! Look forward to hearing what you think of it. Didn't know they were making them in a blonde/ brown. Cool !

– Metman

Thanks, Metman! Working on the video today. The black model has the Neo Jensens and the blonde has the Neo Celestion Creambacks, which I'm looking forward to checking out. I've never had any Celestion speakers before. Always wanted to get a Vox AC15 but got too consumed with Fender goodness to bother.

I read somewhere that the bright cap on the tremolo channel was removed for the blonde models too. I'm still wondering if they'll ever release firmware upgrades - which seems to be the only way to make any functional change to the setup. LOL

Demo! It's long, so feel to jump around on the time stamps.

I totally missed that the Twin has a bright switch. My Deluxe doesn't. Shows how often I look at Twins. D'OH

Thanks James! Dang, now I gotta make a decision. LOL

The updates for the Tone Master amps is out. You can find them here, https://support.fender.com/...

Jim

– James Hopkins

Thanks, Jim! Decent directions and fast install/update.

The USB port placement is really not ideal but if that is the only place for it due to the design, so be it. I'm going to have to get a 5ft or larger USB cable for the next time because it's a bit of a hassle having the Twin in my lap held sideways so that I could make my less than 1ft cable connect to it.

Did it seem like it made a difference? I'm probably going to try the "modified reverb control" but removing the bright on the tremolo channels wasn't really on my wish list.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet as I've been running around knocking out chores today. I'll try to check it out later tonight and let ya know if I notice any difference.

I went ahead and updated to the Deluxe Reverb modified reverb control (1.1.35) - and the reverb knob responds a lot better now.

It was painless and reversable, so I'll stick with it for the time being.

Thanks you guys. I will update my Deluxe Tonemaster as soon as I can.

So I’m guessing I can replace my Jensen with a NEO Creamback and load in the update for that speaker then?

I honestly don't know enough about this technology to advise on the speaker swap / firmware compatibility. I'd check with Fender first.

Powertronman - I think those speakers are hardwired into the board - I'm not brave enough to go further than that. I briefly looked into finding a 100W speaker to try a swap but that lack of interchangeability and cost to actually buy a 100W speaker pretty much stopped me. As Surfysonic says, check with Fender.

I tried out the attenuator settings last night and they work great. Even the 1w is very nice, so now I can play a bit after the wife goes to bed. Huzzah!

Brownfacing (aesthetically only, still blackface tonally) the blonde Fender Tone Master Twin Reverb is complete!

I listened to your demo today and think that the Tone Masters are the way to go, especially now after your comment about the attenuator. Your follow up thoughts after the honeymoon in comparison to your tube amps would be appreciated. Congrats

That Tonemaster badge is held on by two tiny nails - super easy to pry off if you want to get the full aesthetic.

Register Sign in to join the conversation