Other Amps

Sweetwater exclusive

Sweetwater has a Fender '65 Princeton Reverb Tweed with a 12" Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker. Before any wheeling & dealing the price is $999.00.....

I think I'm digging the '65 PRRI...just haven't played through one with that speaker set up....and the amp is kinda pricey..

Any of y'all have any thoughts about this amp with the speaker set up ?

I dig it! I like those cannabis rex speakers, they are a darker speaker in the realm of speakers. Princeton's sound good with a 12" speaker. I'd be interested giving one of these amps a rip. I think these reissues of PR's are one of the better fender amps on the market at this time. I have a blackface Princeton, I believe a '64 killer little amp I like the 10" speaker in it and don't think I can mess with the majic in that one. Yes it doesn't have reverb but a decent reverb pedal and I'm in the game.

Probably get more top end without the reverb...from what I understand.

I talked with Allen Carter at Sweetwater...got him down to $925 free shipping. Haven't pulled the trigger....yet.

Searching for a an amp with reverb and tremolo. Something with some clean headroom to use in small areas... no larger than 1500 sq ft areas.

I sold a black face late 70's Princeton Reverb with a Weber speaker with all new caps and real PTP wiring for $755 plus shipping. I don't know why people would pay those prices for one with pc board construction and ribbon connectors.

I love the warmth of the C-rex, and the PRRI has sparkle to spare, so it won't "deaden" the amp a bit. I think it's a great match. The C-rex is also very efficient, so it'll make the PRRI a little louder.

And you can't beat the PRRI's reverb and tremolo. Both heavenly. I regret selling mine (I had a special edition orange Jim Campilongo version)

I talked with Allen Carter at Sweetwater...got him down to $925 free shipping. Haven't pulled the trigger....yet.

Searching for a an amp with reverb and tremolo. Something with some clean headroom to use in small areas... no larger than 1500 sq ft areas.

– Alan

A Princeton Reverb wouldn't be my choice for a clean headroom amp, at least not if you're playing with a drummer and using a hollowbody guitar. For realistic clean at those levels you'd need a Deluxe Reverb.

Would a Music Man 1-12/65 with an E-V be too much headroom? It's clean for days.

Got one for sale.

I sent you a message. Do know the weight of the amp? Price?

For that price I'd hunt down a 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue used.

12" speaker, two channels, more headroom

For that matter...even better:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Fend...

– guitarcapo

Yep. You can get used DRRI's for $650 all day long. That's what I paid for mine - in mint condition - a couple of years ago. I see they're still going for that now, more or less.

Or go for a used Vox AC15C1 for even less.

You can't go wrong with either of these amps..

Alan, I sent you a message as well, days ago. I'm not sure GDP private messages go through.

50 lbs, I think.

Try me at tim at point click drag dot com.

Register Sign in to join the conversation