Other Amps

Supro Delta King 12

I absolutely do not need another amp but I'm totally diggin' on this one.

https://www.suprousa.com/am...

The Delta King 12 combo captures the vintage Supro amp tone that helped sculpt the sound of early electric Rock & Roll and the British Invasion of the 1960s. Its single-ended Class A tube power amp provides the same raw tonal characteristics and remarkable touch sensitivity features of its mid-century counterparts, all while delivering a full 15 watts of 6L6 tube power through our custom 12-inch DK12 speaker. Features include front-end gain via a 12AX7 tube preamp, a FET-driven boost function, Pigtronix FAT high-gain mode, 3-band EQ, master volume, and custom-made genuine analog spring reverb.

Two color options:

There are two other models - Delta King 8 (1x8/1-watt/NO reverb) and Delta King 10 (1x10/5-watt/Reverb)

Sounds killer. Now I want one too. Thanks.

They look cool seem very reasonably priced, but I think I’d rather find an old one.

Darned if that isn't a cool little amp. Can you use a foot switch to switch channels?

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't this seem to be their Blues King just a different cosmetic look?

I have tried their Blues King 12 a few times and it sounds excellent. After the fact I heard Sweetwater blew them out on Black Friday for $300. Oh the humanity of it, I missed.

Hope it has octals like the old ones. .. but modern dudes don't like the octal scene

Hope it has octals like the old ones. .. but modern dudes don't like the octal scene

– DCBirdMan

Nope. 12AX7 preamp into a 6L6 output.

But come on, it's RJ doing the demo. Of course it sounds fabulous.

Professional driver on a closed course, don't try this at home, returns are not typical for this investment, your results may vary.

Nope. 12AX7 preamp into a 6L6 output.

– Charlie Vegas

Interested to hear more about that, I'm not so smart at tube combinations, good or bad

The updates to models and price drops worry me a little. Seems a bit mean, some customers will have spent lots on an amp that gets superceded quite swiftly. It does look cool though

Interested to hear more about that, I'm not so smart at tube combinations, good or bad

– Vince_Ray

Your Spooktator has an octal preamp.

Your Spooktator has an octal preamp.

– Powdog

Oh yes sir, I do know that. I was assuming there was a possible criticism of a 12ax7 and a 6L6. Probably got the wrong end of the stick

For $650, that is an awfully tempting deal. I don't think I could even get the parts to build this for $650. With one 12ax7, it must be solid state reverb, but it sounds good enough to me.

Description say:

custom-made genuine analog spring reverb

Yea, SS driven reverb and hi-gain circuit. At least it’s not digital.

I really like the black covering. Very 50s Valco/Gretschy.

"In 2020, Supro was acquired by Bond Audio, parent company of D’Angelico Guitars and Pigtronix. Sharing joined research and design forces as well as international distribution, Supro has entered a new era."

i believe those delta amps are made in china

also check recent thread about another recent supro amp with the tubes mounted directly to the circuit board...not a great thing!

cheers

"In 2020, Supro was acquired by Bond Audio, parent company of D’Angelico Guitars and Pigtronix. Sharing joined research and design forces as well as international distribution, Supro has entered a new era."

i believe those delta amps are made in china

also check recent thread about another recent supro amp with the tubes mounted directly to the circuit board...not a great thing!

cheers

– neatone

I think previously the parts were imported from China, assembled in the States. Tubes have always been mounted on the board. Some were really well made, some were rough

Seems like a homogenized version of what Vintage 47 offered.

For $650, that is an awfully tempting deal. I don't think I could even get the parts to build this for $650. With one 12ax7, it must be solid state reverb, but it sounds good enough to me.

– Otter

It’s a shame that Magnetic Components just went under. They were the OEM supplier of transformers to Valco since the 50s. Affordable quality USA iron. Building Supro clones just got more expensive.

I would think that most players looking at a Supro are expecting a Supro. Don’t know why they had to stink it up with the Pigtronics hi-gain circuit. Not a good sound (to my ears).

Sometimes less is more.

Seems like a homogenized version of what Vintage 47 offered.

– razzer10_4

The V47 Supro was a really well built amp made from the good stuff. Not even the same product.

I've yet to hear a Pigtronix circuit that worked in any context.

Description say:

custom-made genuine analog spring reverb

– Proteus

Analog doesn't mean vacuum tube. Plenty of good solid-state analog spring reverbs out there. You've got one in your Peavey Classic 30.

I'll reserve judgement on the hi-gain circuit til I hear one in person. Doesn't seem like it has much control though, and a one-size-fits-all "Gain" switch doesn't sound promising. I'd love to be impressed though. I'd probably be happy with just the FET boost.

Overall I'm glad to see something in this price range that has some character and isn't another Blues Jr. With the quirky cosmetics, (unconventional) single-ended design, I'm thinking it be more spiritual successor to the Excelsior. I hope they sell a million of 'em.

Analog doesn't mean vacuum tube. Plenty of good solid-state analog spring reverbs out there.

Yessir. Fuzzy-thinking snap response on my part.

Register Sign in to join the conversation