Other Amps

Supro Blues King

Some of you have followed my Supro Tremoverb purchase from my “Amp blind” post a few months back. Just reporting in that it’s only gotten better as the speaker has broken in. I used the amp last night while playing with a drummer and it more than held its own with the volume about 3/4 the way up. And the tremolo/reverb on that thing is sweet. We are taking Billy Bragg’s “To Have and To Have Not” and giving it a Bo Diddley treatment and it oozes tremolo coolness. And Proteus you are correct, the look of the amp, from the rhino skin tolex to the sparkly grill with the timeless logo satisfies my vanity requirements! I’m hooked on Supro amps for sure.

Some of you have followed my Supro Tremoverb purchase from my “Amp blind” post a few months back. Just reporting in that it’s only gotten better as the speaker has broken in. I used the amp last night while playing with a drummer and it more than held its own with the volume about 3/4 the way up. And the tremolo/reverb on that thing is sweet. We are taking Billy Bragg’s “To Have and To Have Not” and giving it a Bo Diddley treatment and it oozes tremolo coolness. And Proteus you are correct, the look of the amp, from the rhino skin tolex to the sparkly grill with the timeless logo satisfies my vanity requirements! I’m hooked on Supro amps for sure.

– Rockabilly_Nick

Yup. I see that they have a 1X15 combo,, Hmm Something to ponder! The GAS has now started!!

Mark beautiful guitar! Looks great with that amp. Do you have foam in the f-holes or is that just the way the lights falling on it?

I have a Supro Coronado combo. While it was MUCH too loud with the stock speakers, not to mention back-breakingly heavy, I've found the perfect speaker pair for it now (two Celestion greenback 10's), and I really love what it does now. Different enough from my Fenders and Fender clones, but not worlds apart either. Digging it.

Agree about the weight Walter...and the quality! I play the Supreme more often due to the easier weight and earlier breakup. Tavos humbler attenuator works great with it

Mark beautiful guitar! Looks great with that amp. Do you have foam in the f-holes or is that just the way the lights falling on it?

– Rockabilly_Nick

Nope just the light I guess

Mark,

Any comment about sounds with your Tele and Doheny?

Mark,

Any comment about sounds with your Tele and Doheny?

– Yavapai

The amp sounds great with any of the guitars and different pickups I have. The Doheny has these G&L Pups that are super nice, The 2 teles are great. I really cannot see you going wrong with anything with this amp at all!

Been looking at the blues king, the keely supro or vox ac 15, wich one to pull the trigger on is the question, i've got a few fenders already. Saw some youtube comments about the blues king that were negative, but i'm not swayed by them totally.

Unless you really like heavy boxes and ungodly volume, you might audition an AC10 instead of the AC15. I think it sounds way better too.

Unless you really like heavy boxes and ungodly volume, you might audition an AC10 instead of the AC15. I think it sounds way better too.

– Proteus

Owned a bluesbreaker for 12 years... that amp kept me healthy! I currently have a blues junior iii tweed just looking for another flavor for the jet

Register Sign in to join the conversation