Other Amps

Squirrel Nut Zippers New de Lisle Amp (VIDEOS)

They have a great Christmas album, too:

With that gorgeous new amp, they might get loud this holiday season!

They have a great Christmas album, too:

With that gorgeous new amp, they might get loud this holiday season!

– geoguy

one of my favs

Thanks, David and geoguy!

Downloaded some in-progress pictures off my phone. Here's one of the innards.

The amp will make its live stream debut today on Andrew Bird's Facebook page at 12:30p PST / 3:30 Eastern. Live from the Great Room will feature Jimbo Mathus before the Squirrel Nut Zippers hit the stage tomorrow.

Oh, it's not that bad :)

Here's a picture of a happy Jimbo for scale.

– mugsy

I remember seeing them in the nineties, and I remember the guitar more than the guy holding it....Cool amp!

Thanks, Matt!

Videos are starting to trickle out....

Had seen pix of the Squirrels in the 90s using Ampeg.

Bumping my own thread...

Full-length, pro-shot concert just popped up. Amp has survived the last few months on the road

Very cool. I'm seeing them in Boston on January 6th. I'll snap a pic or 2

My wife and I are seeing them January 5 in Philly!

I finally got to see this thing on stage first hand tonight. The Squirrel Nut Zippers scheduled a last minute gig in downtown Indy. They've been playing larger venues, but they sold out the Melody Inn to fill a date and put on an incredible show. One of the best live shows I've seen. Definitely check them out if they come through your town

Hey Jer, I've been eyeing this amp on your website for months, thinking about attempting a similar-style cabinet. I didn't know it had its own thread!

If you don't mind, could you share a bit about the cabinet construction, particularly the sides/top? I'm wondering if it was bent to shape, or perhaps a glued stack?

Really awesome amp, and glad you got to see it in action!

They are loads of fun, Jer. They're coming to the Birchmere in N. VA and to Annapolis MD in early September.

Hey Jer, I've been eyeing this amp on your website for months, thinking about attempting a similar-style cabinet. I didn't know it had its own thread!

If you don't mind, could you share a bit about the cabinet construction, particularly the sides/top? I'm wondering if it was bent to shape, or perhaps a glued stack?

Really awesome amp, and glad you got to see it in action!

– Otter

Sure, I don't mind. It's an old technique. You see it a lot on vintage amps, but those used thinner ply material. I used solid 3/4" pine, so it was a little tricky. But the idea is to cut kerfs that will allow the wood to bend. You can kind of see them in this photo. I still had to use water and heat to shape it. Just to be safe, all the kerfs were filled with marine grade epoxy. I used my CNC table to cut cauls for clamping that matched the inside/outside radius of the corners. And there are internal braces that match the inside radius.

They are loads of fun, Jer. They're coming to the Birchmere in N. VA and to Annapolis MD in early September.

– Bob Howard

Get yourself some tickets, Bob :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation