Other Amps

seen locally

A few inexpensive Kustom heads

For that price, I'd assume that neither amp works. Still, not a bad price even then, If they do work, that's an even better buy.

Atomic?

– Mark G

Yes, I troll thru there every so often. They are said to work well, but still I'd want to hear them. Of late 60s solid state Kustom was more reliable than just about everything, even my beloved Thomas Vox.

Not surprised by the price, and they probably work just fine. Those things are hard to kill. When I was managing a music store we would have one come in every few months. Never worth a lot, but they always work. Good bass amps, or if you want crystal clean and sterile guitar (takes pedals well) these are a great low buck way to get there.

Kustoms seem to keep working. I haven't seen an Acoustic brand amp or a Sunn in years.

Kustoms seem to keep working. I haven't seen an Acoustic brand amp or a Sunn in years.

– wabash slim

After making some great tube amps, Sunn went all in for solid state in the early 70s. The 1966 and 69 Fender efforts sucked the worst, followed by Ampeg.... Acoustic and T-Vox hung in better but still had issues as time passed.

Register Sign in to join the conversation