Other Amps

Restoring an original ‘65 Marshall BluesBreaker

I have no idea what I'm looking at, so I'll just say "Great Work, Sport!" and be on my way.

Not being a Marshall guy since about 1973, I never knew the JTM 45 had tremolo. I was sort of perplexed when Fender came out with some EC -Vibro-something, when I can't think of one recording where he used trem, although there must be a few.

It'll start to look like something by next week. The JTM45 combos had tremolo, and it was optional in the heads - although very few heads have surfaced like that.

EWWWWW. Amp guts! Icky!

Better you than me, Cap'n Capacitance.

I’m anxious to see how this turns out. I’m on the fence whether to build a JTM45 or a JMP50. I had a quad of original GEC KT66’s, but sold them with the QUAD ll amps they were attached to. BIG regret.

EWWWWW. Amp guts! Icky!

Better you than me, Cap'n Capacitance.

– Proteus

Sounds like the cap'n got capped in the past! Lol

Looks like great work and an admirable project. Your client/buddy will be very pleased!

I would suggest another cab builder (from experience). Hopefully you didn't send him a deposit yet.

Wow - That's the sort of job I like doing! Really pleased to see you going the extra mile and getting the right components for it - that will really make a difference. I'm sure Mojo would be able to make you a cab just how you like but you have to be very explicit with them.

Powdog if it helps I have built both JTM45s and JMP50s and I find the JMP50 more usable but very loud! I once built a '68 spec 50W head with Marstran trannies and it sounded so authentic it was crazy.

Whilst the Premier League has some of the best players around FUT, a large number of them are overpriced as a result of the league's popularity, and that means you can not be receiving the best value for your coins by simply deciding on a PL side. You will find tons of players a look at the Serie A XI under 300k. Speedy note: these prices are a guide, with the FUT market changing all of the time!

Luckily, Szczesny's kicking accuracy is the only drawback to his card -- with his or her reflexes and diving capability rated at 87 and 85 respectively, the Poland global is certain to make both regular and'hopeless' conserves for your own team, but just like any goalkeeper on the match, he can not save'em all.

80+ rate on a inexpensive centre-back is something of a rare occurrence and the individuals who do have it generally lack great physical stats -- Manolas, though, is quick, strong and highly capable of cutting passing lanes, because of his ability to intercept moves is rated 86, and goes around 91 with an Anchor chemistry style.For 13.5k coins, it's fair to say you would be receiving a borderline elite shield in Manolas. It is worth noting, however, his passing is not the finest, therefore always try to play it safe once Manolas is about the ball IN: https://www.mmogo.com/Fifa-...

RS, I was thinking the same thing. Thank you for all the feedback. I leaned on Swanson, so the cab should be here very soon. The project will evolve rapidly after that. I know guts aren't that interesting to people who aren't techs, so I will have other shots of the cabinet and stuff this week, hopefully. I'm going to give the cabinet a "patina" to match the chassis.

And, yes, we did pop for the $350 Eric Collins fret cloth. Yikes!

I just sold a pair of Genelex KT-66's,would have been great for that project.

Heck, I don't know why you even bothered to restore the chassis. According to the Collins website, most of the tone comes from the cloth anyway.

Heck, I don't know why you even bothered to restore the chassis. According to the Collins website, most of the tone comes from the cloth anyway.

– Afire

He sure seems to think so!!

I don’t have any original KT66 gold lion tubes, so reissues will do the trick.

No one will ever see this little Easter egg, but instead of a plain old diode in the tremolo isolator, I used an LED. A big blue one. It pulsates at the speed of the tremolo. Pretty cool.

Now that's cool.

And the work in there looks ridiculously antiseptic. You're a craftsman is what you are.

It’s time to load her up. It’s studio quiet, the KT66s are biased to perfection, and the tremolo is swampy and strong. There was an extra hole in the chassis so I added a variable “Raw” control, that phases out the tone controls completely the more you turn it up.

A couple of proper16 Ohm Celestion speakers will provide the famous impedance mismatch that is allegedly part of the Clapton tone.

I earned this. I estimate about 70 hours total.

Over the weekend, I will give the cabinet a patina to match the age of the chassis.

In the tweed amp that I built for Joe that was my own design, I actually rubbed some dirt from 2120 South Michigan Ave. in Chicago inside the back of the cabinet. My aging process goes the extra mile.

Yeah man! Class act. Wish we could hear it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation