Other Amps

Rat Rod Champ auction

Would there be any interest in an amp raffle to raise some $ for TGP?

I’m currently building a little rat rod AA764 Champ. All parts were donated by forum members. RcktBrewMan sent me all the stuff to build the amp including a cool hand made steel chassis. DCBirdman sent me a blond Mojo cabinet. I’ll throw in an old alnico 12” speaker and some solder.

We could do a blind auction or public. All proceeds will go to Baxter and the forum.

Please sound off if interested.

And this is a bad thing how? What a wonderful fund raiser.

Sounds like a great idea.I can throw in some good old stock tubes,if needed.

Can I play? Is that allowed?

I think I have everything I’ll need. Any suggestions on how to run the auction?

Cool old 3.2 ohm Oxford alnico speaker.

I say build reverb into that bad boy -- dang that blond cab. I had forgotten it.

Ready for finish wiring. Should be cookin this up tonight.

Why not agree on a price for a ticket? I think this could be attractive to many. The more the better.

There’s still room for a few tricks. I can add them per the winners request. Either a foot or panel operated bright switch and boost switch.

I have no idea what to charge for a raffle ticket and I’d like to keep this in the forum so why don’t we do a silent auction. Run for a week as soon as I’m done.

For our international members the power block on the back allows for either 120 or 220 volts. I may be wrong so I’ll post a picture. Shipping may get expensive though.

It’s Christmas Eve. I wish everyone here a very happy holiday.

Oh yeah I’m in!! Probably can’t go to far with a bid though with all I’ve spent on Christmas gifts so far but it’ll still be fun.

This is great, Powdog. So generous of you.

I think virtual tickets and drawing from a hat would be best. Silent auctions only allow people with $$$ to spend to win. If at least 20 people buy in at $25 a pop (PayPal to GDP) that’s $500...or whatever you think is fair. Just my opinion.

This is great, Powdog. So generous of you.

I think virtual tickets and drawing from a hat would be best. Silent auctions only allow people with $$$ to spend to win. If at least 20 people buy in at $25 a pop (PayPal to GDP) that’s $500...or whatever you think is fair. Just my opinion.

– NJBob

This is very doable. I would agree with NJBob.

So I think this fuse block allows for both 115/230 volts. Now, finding the miniature fuses is another story.

This is very doable. I would agree with NJBob.

– LarryR

That does sound like a better plan. Let me finish the amp, see if you guys are still interested and go from there.

Is $25 the agreed upon ticket price then?

Great idea!

Yep, I like the idea! That's very generous!

That does sound like a better plan. Let me finish the amp, see if you guys are still interested and go from there.

Is $25 the agreed upon ticket price then?

– Powdog

I agree. Thanks

Register Sign in to join the conversation