Other Amps

quick poll: Pro Reverb or Super Reverb?

I used to lug a sf Fender twin up several flights of stairs in the wee hours after gigs. I did it but it could make me cry. I realise now that I couldn’t do that....but why the smurf would I want too? Ah well, I had my youth and it was great.

Imagine your wife or kids had a handle on their back. It’s that bad

I used to lug a sf Fender twin up several flights of stairs in the wee hours after gigs. I did it but it could make me cry. I realise now that I couldn’t do that....but why the smurf would I want too? Ah well, I had my youth and it was great.

Imagine your wife or kids had a handle on their back. It’s that bad

I never owned either but played my Monkees through a Super at last year’s Balto-DC Roundup. It never sounded better.

Not a Pro or a Super Reverb But its a Reverb in the same street , so I'll add a post . 2 weeks ago I rediscovered a 72 Quad reverb behind the couch . It's a monster with 4 x12 and its own wheels . Making a long story short : I have hardly used it . A few weeks ago I got a hold of 4 Sylvania's PT's, and gave her a spin. Boy , It's a great amp , though cranking it up, is going to be way to loud where I have it. But even at low volume it sounds great and you feel it to the bone , It's is a pleasure to play on . The reverb and vibrato pedals I've been using are BS compared to this thing. Clean and warm. The house will come down before it distorts- I think

Behind the couch? That’s one hell of a couch you have ..

They have a master volume?

The quad reverb is one o the Billy Zoom amps. Also Albert Collins

After lugging a Dual Showman and a Super Beatle around, neither of these aren't too bad to tote around. Worst load I ever had tho was humping a B-3 up three flights of stairs.

Behind the couch? That’s one hell of a couch you have ..

They have a master volume?

The quad reverb is one o the Billy Zoom amps. Also Albert Collins

– eCastro

Yea , the top of it was becoming a permeant shelf , good thing I rolled it out. Yes it does have a master volume that also is a pull/push knob . The pull /push function dosent do much now , but that might be down to playing at low volume.

The 4x10 gives a fat 3-D sound that fills the room. It also gives the best dispersion. Even if you're standing only a few feet in front of the Super, you'll be hearing virtually what the rest of the room is hearing. If you're bringing a cool piece of gear to a gig, you want to enjoy it, too. If you play big joints and are always mic'ed into the PA, you have different needs from me. Although...a studio engineer once explained to me why microphones love small speakers. And the Super's TMB tone controls give it an edge.

Register Sign in to join the conversation