Other Amps

Thomas Vox madness continues

Got another Thomas Vox amp on the way... this time a solid state Pacemaker, clean but needs can cap, at least. So add this to the solid state Pathfinder, the tube Pathfinder, and the demented Pathfinder Nova (only one for sale right now) ... and you can see where this is headed.

Wow, that is really clean! Congratulations!

Seems like this is headed toward a Thomas era Cambridge Reverb. That’s one on my wish list!

Well I have changed in the last few years and now just prefer non reverb amps with a Holy Grail Nano sitting on top.

Still gotta stop this Thomas Vox insanity.... but as we all know "it's what's happening"

So, avoiding reverb, where does one go from a Pacemaker? A Sovereign? A Westminster?

Well I have changed in the last few years and now just prefer non reverb amps with a Holy Grail Nano sitting on top.

Still gotta stop this Thomas Vox insanity.... but as we all know "it's what's happening"

– DCBirdMan

– Afire

Gotta love it .. specially how the little amp is on wheels . when we know only the big ones were

So, avoiding reverb, where does one go from a Pacemaker? A Sovereign? A Westminster?

– Mel Waldorf

Well on up the food chain it's all reverb all the time.

To me Pathfinder = their VibroChamp, Pacemaker=their Princeton, Cambridge=their Princeton Reverb, but then the similar ity ends.

But the non reverbs ones would be the 3 bass amps Essex, Kensington, Westminster and Sovereign (Sovereign really was the 60/120 Westminster, when that name when to 120/240 power. And of course the tiny little Student.

Register Sign in to join the conversation