Other Amps

New Thunderbird build

Weather has permitted me to get back out in the shop. Almost done with another Thunderbird. Pretty much same as the first one, but this one will be in a narrow panel tweed cabinet. Big 15" Jensen speaker.

That's a Supro style build? Volume/treble/bass -- all ya need

It is a Supro style build. Thunderbolt, but I use the unused half of the preamp and build a second channel. Voiced differently, you can mix them together making the amp a three trick pony.

It always amazes me the technical and artistic abilities of folks on this site. I successfully changed the wiper blades on my car this weekend and for me that was a major technological acheivement.

It always amazes me the technical and artistic abilities of folks on this site. I successfully changed the wiper blades on my car this weekend and for me that was a major technological acheivement.

– Gretschadelphia

I hear you on that.

Thunderbird flambé.

Thunderbird cabinet. Narrow panel with black tooled Tolex.

I shoehorned a big 'ol 15" Jensen C15N into this cab. Pretty tight, but everything fits.

Completed amp. Rolls out tomorrow.

Thanks Michael. The new owner is a Bay Area musician. Works in a studio and said he'll make a YouTube vid. Now THAT will be sweet!

Here's the video that Alex just posted.

Register Sign in to join the conversation