Other Amps

New amp build

That reminds me of an organ amp I should've kept. It was a "Minshall" It would've been great to use it's logo as it was written in script too I believe. That's a lovely red cab, it'll match your speaker when you're done.

Seeing the thread on the Playboy/Executive amps reminded me of an 18 watt amp I made about 10 years ago. Obviously a copy of the Victoria cabinets.

Seeing the thread on the Playboy/Executive amps reminded me of an 18 watt amp I made about 10 years ago. Obviously a copy of the Victoria cabinets.

– Powdog

Beautiful, much like the Gretsch/Victoria amps are beautiful builds. You sold that one?

Long time ago. Looks like the owner has cats.

Man your work never ceases to impress me! What was the head like in the cabinet?

Had a curly maple control panel.

This is a gut shot of the current build, but the other was probably very similar.

Baffle/front panel done. Finish up with the cabinet tomorrow.

Gonna be kick ass

We’ll see.

I was gonna cover the cab in red Tolex but discovered today that I don’t have enough. Checked the rolls on the shelf and have enough tan and green. Going with the tan.

I’m building this amp on the “sunk cost” theory, so only using stuff I have on hand. I haven’t spent anything to finish this amp yet, so it’s kinda free. It will make it easier to give it away this weekend.

There are few things quite as nice on the Gretsch Pages as a really good amplifier build thread. A Powdog feature is always wonderful. As is a JB build- that scratch built AC30 photo essay has never been forgotten Josh!

As the others were saying, just beautiful work. Love seeing these builds of yours, Powdog.

Register Sign in to join the conversation