Other Amps

NAsD!

I traded some unused gear at Atomic Music today here in Maryland and ended up with these two awesome amps - not vintage, but spiffy for what they do.

Fender '59 Bassman LTD Reissue (45 watts/4x10" Jensen speakers). I've been wanting an amp with 10" speakers and have looked at tweed Bassman amps for a long time as I love my blonde '62 Bassman (2x12).

I almost pulled the trigger on another local music shop's Fender Vibro-King but the weight of it reminded me why I sold my last one and kept me from pulling the trigger on it. I'm so glad I did - the '59 Bassman LTD RI sounds glorious and works great with my pedals. My store credit from my gear trade-ins covered the cost of this used but excellent condition amp.

Fender Pawn Shop Excelsior Pro (Antique Blush, 13 watts/1x15) with the Fender Eminence speaker. This amp was the motivation for heading over to Atomic in the first place. The Excelsior Pro was priced well. The Atomic folks are great and always seem willing to knock of a bit of their listed price, so I went for it.

Super heavy with the 15" speaker but sounds excellent and works well with my pedals. Bonus is that my wife loves the amp's stylistic look (art deco?), so it's definitely a keeper. She also likes the tweed Bassman's look, too, so win-win!.

Both amps are nice and quiet, too. Today was a good day.

BAD! (Big Amp Day.)

Them’s some fine specimens, congrats (and a little jealousy that you get to crank up amps.)

Congrats,love that Bassman,sadly my back wouldn't love the weight.

BAD! (Big Amp Day.)

Them’s some fine specimens, congrats (and a little jealousy that you get to crank up amps.)

– Proteus

Thanks, guys!

Oh, I don't go crazy loud here either with the wife working from home currently and our 4 pups. The Bassman is as they say, powerfully loud, but oh my, the tones, they're glorious! If I ever get in the position to have to sell off my '62 Bassman, I 'm good to go with this beastie.

Congrats ... the 59 Bassman is one of the best designs / sounds ever.. the Reissues are done well & can't be beat for value on the used market ... I've been enjoying mine since the 90s .. and for the size, I would consider it light lol

BAD! (Big Amp Day.)

– Proteus

Well you must have seen these when you were in there hanging up the the new ads for Protebikes. I took that pix along with the amp pix

They just took in an early 60s Musicmaster while I was there.. if this were last year I might have been All Eaten Up With It but it's a New Era for me.

Register Sign in to join the conversation