Other Amps

NAD

So, while looking for a tweed that could keep up with a loud band better than a 5e3 Deluxe, I fell in love with an overpriced 54 Pro.

After deciding to wait a bit on that one, I was browsing Reverb and found a 2011 59 Bassman Ltd in a town about 45 minutes away. In Wyoming that's the equivalent of the next door neighbor's house.

So, I messaged the guy to see if I could drive over and check it out. Instead, he brought it to my house, we plugged it in, it sounded great, and he took my cash offer of the lower end of the listings I saw. 10 minutes, no muss, no fuss.

I don't think it ever left his house, and when I turned it to about 4 on the volume, he laughed and said he'd never had it near that loud. So basically I got a new amp delivered like a pizza with a good coupon.

Stoked.

Very cool! Sometimes the pieces all fit effortlessly. That amp needed to be yours.

Great amp, too! Congrats.

JD, the guy with the 54 5d5 Pro has a real 59 Bassman, a 65 DR, a 62 Strat, and a bunch of other cool stuff. He's in no hurry to sell any of it, but I have left drool stains on most of it. Another buddy sold me a 69 Bassman and a Silvertone 1446(?) (the "Chris Isaak" one).

Awesome score!

Nice good luck with it.

Apparently, you were meant to have that amp. I love it when things work out like that. Great score!

JD, the guy with the 54 5d5 Pro has a real 59 Bassman, a 65 DR, a 62 Strat, and a bunch of other cool stuff. He's in no hurry to sell any of it, but I have left drool stains on most of it. Another buddy sold me a 69 Bassman and a Silvertone 1446(?) (the "Chris Isaak" one).

– wyowill

Sheez, I may need to move up your way. Always wanted to live in Wyoming.

Just love the State.

You will LOVE that amp. Congrats.

What a fine amp. Congratulations. (You must be young and/or strong. Aren't those really heavy?)

That's the kind of neighbor that I need.

Congrats!

What a fine amp. Congratulations. (You must be young and/or strong. Aren't those really heavy?)

– Mark G

53 going on 12 according to an ex. Amp weighs around 53 pounds if I remember the specs. Not too bad if there's not a lot of stairs involved.

Very cool! Great deal, great amp! Enjoy!

So, Wyoming not only has great trout streams, but cool Fender amp deals too. Congrats!

Register Sign in to join the conversation