Other Amps

NAD times 2

So Not brand new, but new to me. I recently acquired 2 amps,1 I sent off to Powdog to get a new cabinet made and the other was a purchase from a friend.

The Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket, Ive always wanted a Mesa amp and came across this little 10 incher for a very good price.I knew 10 inches was just not gonna cut it so Powdog fabbed up a new cab with A 12 speaker sure to open the amp just a bit. Rock N Roll is what its about with this little guy, not so little now with a bigger cab but at around 20 Watts it overdrives just at the right "garage band" volume. No pedals just straight into the amp and it Rocks. Im still trying to figure out those "Multi Channels",Rythm/Lead/Contour, and how to tame down the Gain and still play louder than what Im getting.

The Other Amp, a Fender Twin Reverb 68' Custom Special Reissue. I played it for about an hour every day since I got it and now it looks like all my other amps are going into the dumpster, (Im kidding). Or am I?

At low volume this thing sounds Great, turn it up and you get useable volume all the way to 7, I havent gotten past 7,yet. "The Vintage" channel is amazing ,the Reverb and Gain make this baby sound good sans Pedals. I played clean and dirty and this amp handled it flawlessly with a simple turn of the knobs. I was amazed at how very simple it was to get the sounds I wanted without too much fiddling with knobs.

The downside, this sukker is heavy, luckily I got it with casters already installed.

One more thing, The Back of the Amp says, Fender Corp Musical Instruments ,Corona ,Ca. "Made in Mexico".

When did Fender start making their "higher end" amps in Mexico. When I first checked out the amp I thought it was a Fake. Im not complaining it sounds Damn good, just wondering when they made the switch. This amp was made in 2014 btw.

The Twin.

– LA_Manny

So this Twin has to be early silver panel 1968-69.. I think the aluminum trim was over by 70, and by 71, AMP was out of the name on all of them.

So this Twin has to be early silver panel 1968-69.. I think the aluminum trim was over by 70, and by 71, AMP was out of the name on all of them.

– DCBirdMan

Its a Re-Issue Birdman, Made in 2014. When i first saw it i thought the same as you.

Register Sign in to join the conversation