Other Amps

NAD! I’s in love!

My ‘early-‘66 Pacemaker V2 just got here. Woohoo!!!!!

Been telling you dudes -- preaching the T-Vox gospel. I'm gonna have the the only Pathfinder w/ Pacemaker power and speaker -- might be unveiled by end of summer

Come on man, clean that old stuff up before posting. Geez.

Come on man, clean that old stuff up before posting. Geez.

– Proteus

Hahaha! It was only unpacked for 10 minutes before I shot the pic. Brings up a good question, tho’. Recommendations for stuff to clean ‘er up? (Unless you meant putting away the Deluxe. If you saw the rest of that room, you’d see that it IS put away.

I shouldn't presume to recommend for True Vintage Stuff. But assuming ye olde Voxe tolexe is the same as the Murrican stuff, I like ArmorAll All-Purpose Car Cleaner. If they still make it. (It has nothing to do with wax - it won't turn the amp shiny, and we'll not follow the Lemon Pledge Highway to Hell - it's just a great spray-bottle cleaner.)

Or Dawn diluted in water. Medium-bristle scrub brush.

I don't know about Vox grillecloth. I've scrubbed Fender with a Dawn mixture, though. I was apprehensive, but the stuff's pretty tough.

If the panel is dirty...you know. Take off the knobs. If they're indestructible, soakem in Dawn and toothbrushem. For the panel itself, depends on the finish. Again, I don't know Voxeses. I try automotive stuff, graduating from the least abrasive upward as needed. Meguiar's Scratch-X is a good place to start. (It's also mighty fine for surface hazing on guitar bodies. It's so mild you'd have to rub improbably hard to do any damage.)

If the panel is BARE metal...Mothers billet polish. It's never stripped any labels or other paint in my experience, but it doesn't do much on painted surfaces either. I don't think the panel is bare metal. It's not bare metal, is it? Looks anodized from here. What do I know.

First, do no harm. If you happen to, live by my Mac support slogan: We can fix anything we repair.

And if you can't walk on water, learn where the stumps are.

A plethora of sage advice as always. Metric tons of thanks, Tim. She does look like she could use a bath. Onlyest thing ‘bout Armor-All that doesn’t trip my trigger is its smelling like baby puke. Yeesh.

Well, that's why you use diapers as rags. Cloth diapers, of course. Don't go buying Pampers.

Well, that's why you use diapers as rags. Cloth diapers, of course. Don't go buying Pampers.

– Proteus

Roger that.

Bonus! All Vox Mullards! Just noticed! Woohoo!!!

I used to sell the Curity cloth diapers. Been using them for years!!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation