Other Amps

NAD! - Deluxe Reverb RI

Greetings to all.

After a long quest, I finally decided to pick up a Deluxe Reverb RI. My primary amp has been a Twin Reverb for quite awhile, but I must admit that the Twin is serious overkill for most of my applications.

I think that the Deluxe is going to suit me perfectly. This amp sounds great. After lugging a Twin around for years, the lighter weight of the Deluxe is a gift from above. I am most impressed with this amp.

It was a great morning... A cup of coffee, my trusty Tennessee Rose and a new Fender amp.

Life is good.

Dylan

Thats my main gigging amp, in fact its the only one I've got anymore. I love it.

Congratulations to you, Dylan, on finding an amp that works for you. It is a quest that many people pursue for a lifetime, but you have found it already.

Congrats, Dylan! I love my DRRI. I walked into a GC a few years ago and I heard these sweet sounds coming from across the store. It was a guy playing a 6120 through a DRRI and it was love at first hearing. I bought it that night and it has risen to the occasion no mater what I ask it to do.

That's a great amp Dylan, I used to own one. I've got a couple of years on you ;-) and it had just gotten too heavy for me to lug around. That Tennessee Rose of yours must sound awesome through it!

CONGRATS ! I bet the two sound great together !

Grew up playing a 65 Deluxe Reverb. Love this amp. Even though I now have my Holy Grail (Parkel 25L15 clone), I'd love to have a DR again... just cuz.

Good score, Dylan! I'm eyeing a Deluxe Reverb myself right now.

Paul/FF909

Congrats on your new amp , had one and i traded it for a super reverb that i realy like ,but i see another Deluxe reverb down the road some day ! Enjoy

Those are great amps.

Had one when I was gigging. I'd throw a pedal & my cords in the back of the amp. Guitar case in one hand, amp in the other. The way it should be!

nice amp !! congrats ,, i had a twin for a long time and more than once i had thoughts of leaving it behind instead of lugging that thing around

What's not to like about a Deluxe Reverb?

I am have DRRI that I am using now along with a Fender '65 Reverb unit. Nice amp congratulations. I am however thinking of a Peavey Delta Blues 1x15 to be kept at my place of work.

It seems that I'm far from alone in loving the Deluxe.

Thanks for the comments!

Dylan

Congrats! I love my '65 DRRI. Great amps for Gretsch, Gibson and Fender guitars. Sometimes they can be a bit bright - there are forums which show you have to clip the bright cap, but I never got around to doing it. I had one of the earliest ones with the Eminence/Fender speaker (these were replaced by Jensen speakers in later models). Last year, I swapped out the speaker with an Eminence Cannabis Rex - GREAT improvement. Get used to the amp as is and if you're the noodling type, poke around the web for speaker upgrade recommendations.

Greetings to all.

After a long quest, I finally decided to pick up a Deluxe Reverb RI. My primary amp has been a Twin Reverb for quite awhile, but I must admit that the Twin is serious overkill for most of my applications.

I think that the Deluxe is going to suit me perfectly. This amp sounds great. After lugging a Twin around for years, the lighter weight of the Deluxe is a gift from above. I am most impressed with this amp.

It was a great morning... A cup of coffee, my trusty Tennessee Rose and a new Fender amp.

Life is good.

Dylan

– Dylan

Good lookin' rig! :D

Congrats!

The 65 Deluxe reissue is the only amp I found that sounds good with all types of guitars, Gretsch, Gibson,and Fender. Nice amp!

UD (Uncle Don)

I am have DRRI that I am using now along with a Fender '65 Reverb unit. Nice amp congratulations. I am however thinking of a Peavey Delta Blues 1x15 to be kept at my place of work.

– alan mortensen

– arm1151 / Dustyroad

Strangely, I find myself in the converse situation... considering another amp because I drive home during each working day just to snatch a few stolen moments on my Delta Blues. If I had another amp I could justify these little excursions to myself with a more convincing delusionism! :P

Nice amp, Dylan. A true classic. :)

Congratulations....you've just acquired my DREAM AMP! I really, really want one of those.

I, too picked up a DRRI about 2 weeks ago. My back (and wife) had been telling me for quite awhile I should leave the AC30 at home and get a lighter gigging amp. I finally listened. Now I'm wondering why did I wait so long? I should have gotten one of these years ago.

I aquired my DRRI a couple of months ago and I am still impressed. I thought my Blues Deluxe was nice but the Deluxe puts it to shame!

I had one of the DRRI amps a few years ago when you could still buy them new for under $700.00. I traded my Peavey Delta Blues and some cash for it at Guitar Showcase in San Jose, CA.

After the honeymoon ended, I was sorry I had made the trade as I really liked the Peavey better although the DRRI was a great sounding amp.

Register Sign in to join the conversation