Other Amps

NAD AC4

Found this one a few days ago, still got the old Mullards and sounds soo sweet

nice! where'd you find it?

nice! where'd you find it?

– hilosean

In Sweden.

The Vox JMI AC4 is a great amp. I started collecting them some time ago. I also picked up an empty AC4 cabinet and recreated the AC4 chassis and EF86 circuitry using all new components, including an 8 inch Weber Blue Pup speaker.

(Here's an article I wrote some time ago, based on the AC4: How Tube Amps Work)

I’ve got a Jennings Domino which is the “home” version of the AC4. Exactly the same amp with a bigger more flimsy cabinet!

It is indeed a wonderful amp and super quiet with the EF86 preamp. The tremolo is pretty special. (Mine still has the Mullards in it too.)

Nice find!

The Vox JMI AC4 is a great amp. I started collecting them some time ago. I also picked up an empty AC4 cabinet and recreated the AC4 chassis and EF86 circuitry using all new components, including an 8 inch Weber Blue Pup speaker.

(Here's an article I wrote some time ago, based on the AC4: How Tube Amps Work)

– nielDa

The JMI AC4 is just wonderful, did expect it to be good but not as good as it is. Assume mine is a ’64. Thanks for the link, late over here so I’ll read it all tomorrow. The Ecc83 for tremolo, wonder what would an Ecc81 for example do - change tone or decrease tremolo volume.

How is the Weber compaired to the Elac?

Wow nice. If you like The Shadows and have the right Echo and you know how to play The Shadows tunes I think you can nail it with that!

I’ve got a Jennings Domino which is the “home” version of the AC4. Exactly the same amp with a bigger more flimsy cabinet!

It is indeed a wonderful amp and super quiet with the EF86 preamp. The tremolo is pretty special. (Mine still has the Mullards in it too.)

Nice find!

– noggsly

Nice! Never heard of these before.

Register Sign in to join the conversation