Other Amps

NAD- 68 “custom” Princeton Reverb

Just got this, a game changer for me! Loud as hell for a 12 watt, single 10" speaker amp, a not "boxy" at all. Easier to carry than my AC15 twin as well lol

I had one of these. Great amps and Herve got their own thing going on. Nice strong trem too

I love my '70 but I think I've got to do a cap job...or something. Don't need anything else as this does it all.

I'm waiting to see if this will turn out to be more versatile than my Vox. I certainly think the reverb and tremolo are far superior in this amp, just warmer and more musical. This is like curtains blowing open on a warm day, Vox is like getting your door kicked off the hinges lol

My amp tech said that these reissue Fender PR's, although not hand wired, have the same circuit design as the old ones from the 1960's. He was referring to the new 'black face' ones, but these could also fall in line with the old design. I played one and loved it, but would probably be inclined to drop a 12" speaker in.

Cool,congrats!

I have a 65 reissue myself but i preferred the trem on these 68's.

Cool,congrats!

I have a 65 reissue myself but i preferred the trem on these 68's.

– JCHiggy

The trem on this is so deep and wavy, I'm addicted to it! My Vox trem is like a harder edged "chop," this is like floating on a magic carpet haha

My amp tech said that these reissue Fender PR's, although not hand wired, have the same circuit design as the old ones from the 1960's. He was referring to the new 'black face' ones, but these could also fall in line with the old design. I played one and loved it, but would probably be inclined to drop a 12" speaker in.

– Journeyman
  • ":......but would probably be inclined to drop a 12" speaker in."*

Now yer talkin'!! That would just sweeten up the sound nicely.

A 12” speaker and one or two cap changes to slow down the trem make this one of my all time favorite amps. Cool score man!

Just curious, why did you select the '68 over the '65?

Just curious, why did you select the '68 over the '65?

– Jopapa

For the mods; earlier breakup, apparently more intense tremolo, celestion speaker, and the Silverface cosmetics don't hurt ;)

• ":......but would probably be inclined to drop a 12" speaker in."*

Now yer talkin'!! That would just sweeten up the sound nicely.

– Windsordave

Those Weber Signature Series speakers are really amazing in low wattage amps; a real bargain too.

I like it as is. My only question is what the effects of running the bias hotter are? Jim Campilongo says he does this

I like it as is. My only question is what the effects of running the bias hotter are? Jim Campilongo says he does this

– Chmason85

If you run the bias hotter, you will get more gain, if I have that correct.

Register Sign in to join the conversation