Other Guitars

New guitar

I have 8 guitars and 4 basses. Most are high end instruments that I rarely play. I have been playing my Telecaster or Les Paul at weekly gigs and open mics. Occasionally I will bring something exotic like my doubleneck or B bender Telecaster. The last few weeks i have been playing a friends Dano 12 string or the 12 string on my doubleneck. The doubleneck (Gibson) is just too heavy and awkward to have on my shoulder all night. I love the Dano 12 string and it is light but it is not mine. So I decided to check and see what is on ebay. I don't want anything expensive these days, just something that plays good and won't break my shoulder. I saw this and I had to buy it.

I have 8 guitars and 4 basses. Most are high end instruments that I rarely play. I have been playing my Telecaster or Les Paul at weekly gigs and open mics. Occasionally I will bring something exotic like my doubleneck or B bender Telecaster. The last few weeks i have been playing a friends Dano 12 string or the 12 string on my doubleneck. The doubleneck (Gibson) is just too heavy and awkward to have on my shoulder all night. I love the Dano 12 string and it is light but it is not mine. So I decided to check and see what is on ebay. I don't want anything expensive these days, just something that plays good and won't break my shoulder. I saw this and I had to buy it.

– Pt

I tried to post more pics but they won't work. I'll try again later. Guitar is hand made by Cozart. Cost $130 free shipping.

pic

$130 for a 12 string Tele-like guitar? It must sound at least good! Very interesting indeed.

Congrats. Looking forward to your review.

That is as good as having stolen it. Incredibly inexpensive price. I hope that it's playability and sound are that of a guitar five times its cost.

Sweet,sound clips when you're ready sir!

We'll need a full report. Then, let the mods begin!

My new 12 string showed up yesterday. I looked it over well before playing it. Everything seems to be top notch. Swamp ash body is light and the cocobolo top is beautiful. The strings are strung in reverse order (high string first). Without plugging it in I played some chords and it played and sounded very good. I think the strings are 10's but they will soon be changed to GHS Boomers 9's. The action is too high. I will get at that soon. Neck is straight, fret edges are smooth, tuners are Grover copies, stays in tune and they don't slip. If you didn't see the name on the headstock you would swear that it is a Custom Shop Fender. The neck is fatter than a 6 string Telecaster and completely unfinished. The frets are dressed nicely. I will take some 0000 steel wool to the back of the neck and wax it. I have to lower the action and reintonate it. Bridge is nice (same as Fender 12 string Telecaster) and I should have no problems intonating it. This guitar looks like a $3,000 guitar. I would say that is is very good for the money but it is very good for almost any money. Once I have made all the adjustments and changed the strings I will plug it in and make pickup adjustments. It is a beautiful guitar and I love just looking at it. I'm not planning on doing any mods except for maybe changing the pickguard but so far I like the black one. Note: I am 74 years old and have played guitar most of my life. I have had good guitars and bad guitars especially the 70's Japanese copies so I know good from bad. This is a good one at an unbelievable price. If you ever wanted an electric 12 string go for it.

The guitar is beautiful....lots of positive comments. I gigged with it the other night after replacing the strings and lowering the action. Played and sounded great. Only problem is that it does neck dives when I let go of the neck. Got any ideas of how to cure that?

Register Sign in to join the conversation