Other Amps

MY KILLER NEW/OLD AMP.

I converted my Kustom K100B bass amp into a killer guitar amp. I received the new Eminence Commonwealth 15" JBL D130F clone for Christmas and put it in my Kustom and it sounds incredible. Being a bass amp, it has tons of clean headroom and that JBL clone just rings like a bell.

Very nice! I`m a huge fan of making what you got, work for ya!

Cool! Look's like the old Kustom's,back in the day as far as I know they all had JBL's.Congrats.:D

Groovy. Love the casters, too.

If it sounds great, play it! Cool mod!

Is it still closed back?

– dbirchett

Is it still closed back?

– dbirchett

Oh yeah! Just like a Showman. I may eventually cut a door with a piano hinge on it so I can open up the back, but it sounds awful good the way it is so I'm going to leave it be for awhile.

– NJBob

– NJBob

It needed them. The speaker alone weighs nearly thirty pounds.

I would sure like to hear it, Bear. It looks real nice and I'll bet it sounds good too.

Nice! I have a couple Emi Tonkers in a 2x12 cab. I think Eminence makes good-sounding speakers.

One of these days.... I'll hopefull get to buy the Weber 15" ceramic Blue Dog that I so desperatey want so that I can build a cab to plug my 2x6L6 Pignose into. I just feel that would sound all of awesome!

Congrats on transforming your Kustom, Bear!

I would sure like to hear it, Bear. It looks real nice and I'll bet it sounds good too.

– Richard Hudson

– Richard Hudson

If the Good Lord sees fit, Richard, maybe you'll get a chance to at the Nashville Roundup.

Register Sign in to join the conversation