Other Amps

Multivox Premier 71 redoux

Just gotta figure out how to get this beauty from across the planet...U.S west coast to England UK. I've done it before. Never easy so any advice welcome!

Plus YEAH YEAH YEAH, I'll be making videos as soon as possible (sorry about the shouting, getting excited here)

So, the thing is....there's very little footage of anyone playing guitar through this amp. It's usually asthmatic harmonica wheezers who seem to like it. And NO ONE....NO ONE plays any Link Wray riffs through this amp on youtube. Anywhere. That's gotta be put right, so many folks seem to like to boast that they know he played a Les Paul Goldtop through a Premier 71 for Rumble. Plus he apparently stuck a pencil through the tweeters. That bit wasn't so smart IMNSHO.

Padded shipping carton being made as we speak. Worked well in the past.

As an added plus, Dave Munson and I put our heads together and reverse engineered a complete schematic. So now, an accurate Premier 71 schematic does exist.

Padded shipping carton being made as we speak. Worked well in the past.

As an added plus, Dave Munson and I put our heads together and reverse engineered a complete schematic. So now, an accurate Premier 71 schematic does exist.

– Powdog

Yep, there were versions of other models from that era, all fairly inconsistent. These guys have cracked the DNA on the 71 model though

You're a Lucky Guy, Vince...we can all hope to be such...

Your "baby" should have a pleasant journey to her "Daddy".

Great work, great story...send us some "tunes and riffs" that would make "Link" smile and cringe with jealousy.

Ha!

Happy Holidays...

New home for the Premier. I love this pic.

New home for the Premier. I love this pic.

– Powdog

I've played in worse places Damn that amp looks fine!

Here's a photo of the neighbour. And I wonder why we don't get bookings!

The Premier 71 finally resides with Vince Ray in the UK, ready to be the sound of Link Bat and the Bat Rays.

The Premier 71 finally resides with Vince Ray in the UK, ready to be the sound of Link Bat and the Bat Rays.

– Powdog

So awesome. Well done, Powdog!!!!!!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation