Other Amps

Little brown jug

I thought I'd mention David Allen brought out a new amp based on the 6g11-A brown Vibrolux I'm into Mr Allen's toys but I thought he already covered this somewhat.

One of my favourite amps . I have a blonde tremolux which is same circuit but 4ohm OT. very low voltage on plates and you can run both 6L6 or 6V6. I like that he has added a presence control to it. Switches on front also handy, not a fan of that tolex though I see there are other options on his site.

I thought I'd mention David Allen brought out a new amp based on the 6g11-A brown Vibrolux I'm into Mr Allen's toys but I thought he already covered this somewhat.

– roadjunkie

Well somewhat! The Hot Fudge w/ nuts is based off of 6G3 Deluxe with the same 6g11 vib unit. Nonetheless I'd like to hear it.

What’s the brown sugar based on?

One of my favourite amps . I have a blonde tremolux which is same circuit but 4ohm OT. very low voltage on plates and you can run both 6L6 or 6V6. I like that he has added a presence control to it. Switches on front also handy, not a fan of that tolex though I see there are other options on his site.

– eCastro

I hear ya! I always liked this tolex on the Brown Sugar.

What’s the brown sugar based on?

– eCastro

A mix mash of nothing really but brown. Cathode biased class AB with a blackface reverb. I always loved that amp. Mostly with 15.

I don't think David Allen has done a Vibrolux before. I've owned many of his amps (Brown Sugar, Sweet Spot, Chihuahua, etc) and currently have his "Hot Blond". All I can say is if he built it, it's going to be a great take on the Vibrolux. His amps are exceptional and a good deal. I would certainly like to try one of those even though it doesn't have reverb.

I'm running my Hot Blond with a 1x15 cab and it is really nice, not overly loud and has a distinct sound which works well with my Gretsch and Jazzmaster (loves pedals too, like all his amps).

Which model is the little guy in upper right?

Which model is the little guy in upper right?

– DCBirdMan

Chihuahua it seems.

Register Sign in to join the conversation