Other Amps

left over grill cloth.

When you order grill cloth it comes in yards, I used very little, leftover piece is (in inches) 20x36 one way and 17+x 36 the other. If anyone wants it let me know. kinda black with silver highlights and white. I didn't do a world class job but it's only for family!

Looks good to me. Straight lines. Nice work.

Is that a Harmony amp? I think I have the same one. Sounds so good, but it has a mighty hum now. I was told that it is a dangerous amp. Be super careful not to touch anything when using it. I had a 3 prong cord installed and was told that it can't be grounded.

Is that a Harmony amp? I think I have the same one. Sounds so good, but it has a mighty hum now. I was told that it is a dangerous amp. Be super careful not to touch anything when using it. I had a 3 prong cord installed and was told that it can't be grounded.

– hilosean

Please take it to a tech. RIP Keith Relf.

Saw this post and searched for more info on why the Harmony 303b (and maybe others?) can’t be made safe. Found this discussion: Link

I’m going to look further.

Here's what my girlfriend did for me with some leftover grill cloth I had.

– hilosean

Sure is, it's about a 1965 or so Harmony H410, I have had it for most of its life. No problems so far but thanks for the headsup!!

All the H410s I’ve seen and worked on were single ended amps with a power transformer. Totally safe. The amps that were based on 50’s radio designs and ran the 35Z5/50L6 tube combo are the death amps. They too can be made safe(r) by installing an isolation transformer inside the cab.

Here's what my girlfriend did for me with some leftover grill cloth I had.

– sascha

Holy cool!

Register Sign in to join the conversation