Other Amps

Is this Supro worth $10?

So I found this Supro for sale locally for $10 Was just curious if it’s even worth 10 bucks.

Probably. I’d buy it for parts or maybe check with amp builders here about a restoration. But it does look like a murder case. There’s bits that would be useful for $10

Probably. I’d buy it for parts or maybe check with amp builders here about a restoration. But it does look like a murder case. There’s bits that would be useful for $10

From the front facing pic: yes!

From the back facing pic: Dear God, get me a tetanus shot!

I’m kinda leaning towards I don’t even want in my car. So If anyone wants the amp its listed in the Facebook for sale section in Deland Fl.

The logo on the front is worth ten bucks. Might be able to salvage the tubes if the pins aren’t rusted to the sockets. Maybe the knobs on top. The cab and chassis are toast.

I'd probably pull the tubes and a few parts like the handle. But that's been under water a while so probably none of the amp is usuable.

Do you live near the Guitarologist from YouTube? He finds things like that and gets them in working condition. If not, send him an email with photos and he may be able to guide you on how to get this back into shape.

I bet it smells good.

I thought lightning struck twice when I first saw the front of the amp. I had bought a working supro vibra verb on there for 200$ a year or so ago. I’ll let someone else have at this one. Here’s the vibra verb for the heck of it.

Have a not-close friend plug it in.

So they Paid you $10 to take it away?

Just as a music antique, it's worth $10.

Hard to see from the pictures but I bet the preamp section (up top) is maybe half decent it would be interesting to take the power amp out (bottom) and give it a good clean and inspection(don't clean the PT too much) And see how groddy it is. It does look a bit like a flood victim is the bottom half of the cabinet rotted or is it just having covering problems. If the power amp is hooped the top end might still be salvageable i'd probably buy it off you for $9.99 just for the preamp section.

I wouldn't trust the guts, but I'd like it as a 'roadworn' cab. And if the speaker works that'd be a bonus.

tube amps are much more durable than they sometimes appear You'd have to be willing to take it out , clean it etc.

Zombie amp. Don’t let it bite you

Zombie amp, huh? Will one of Tavo's Brains bring it to life?

I messaged the guy and didn’t get a response. I’m gonna assume it’s gone and he just didn’t take down the ad.

Register Sign in to join the conversation