Other Amps

hey Kustom dudes

ExACTly like that, 6123. Is it for sale? Don't taunt me, man!

Another Bass playing High Schooler in our mix had the Black 200w stack...very envious, my B-15NC was a turd by comparison...at least for looking cool.

The Cascade Blue is/was the trademark color, everyone drooled over it!

He went on to be an Assistant/2nd (?) Director for all the M. Night Shyamalan movies, as well as several others in between and before like Dead Poets Society.

Zodiac Cascade Naugahyde is definitely the coolest Kustom Kolor! Second was Charcoal.

I bought a couple of these Kustom '66 Darts about 10-12 years ago - one in blue sparkle, and the other in white sparkle.

I stupidly sold the blue sparkle, but luckily kept the white sparkle. Nice little SS practice amp.

Specs:

10 watts RMS output

6.5-inch special design speaker with plywood baffleboard

Lead and rhythm channels

Bass, middle and treble EQ

Analog reverb and delay effects

External speaker jack

Headphone jack

CD/tape input

13"W x 11-1/2"H x 7-4/5"D

290mmH x330mmW x198mmD

13-1/5 lbs/ 6 kg

– Telechamp

I have one of these in blue sparkle. It's a great little bedroom practice amp. I've even used it as a small powered monitor on occasion.

My two primary gigging amps are the modern (but discontinued) James Brown-designed Kustom tube amps from a few years back-- The 72 Coupe for big rooms, and the Defender V15 head/cab combo for smaller venues.

Also have a functioning K250 Bass head in black Naugahyde that I use on rare occasion.

I need me a Nauga of my own! Wonder what they fetch on eBay these days... OK I just checked: Silver Sparkle Nauga $898 + $9 shopping. You’d think they’d eat the shipping at that price.

My tech had this bass rig in his shop when I was in there the other day...

– Telechamp

Growing up, my dad had two of these cabinets in the living room as the subs for his sound system. It was the blue sparkle ones, and I think they were each 2x15. They had been his bass rig, and ended up on the sound system when he got a new rig. I would love to have one of those cabinets. When he sold them, the guy that bought them was playing live when the speakers caught fire. After opening them up, he found some toys that we had put in the ports decades earlier when we were young.

Growing up, my dad had two of these cabinets in the living room as the subs for his sound system. It was the blue sparkle ones, and I think they were each 2x15. They had been his bass rig, and ended up on the sound system when he got a new rig. I would love to have one of those cabinets. When he sold them, the guy that bought them was playing live when the speakers caught fire. After opening them up, he found some toys that we had put in the ports decades earlier when we were young.

– BenBradshaw

Great story, Ben! Yeah, the big old Kustom "padded amps" (as we used to call them as kids), were really impressive to us when the older guys in local bands - that we idolized as kids - played through them.

That's one of the reasons (nostalgia) that I bought a couple of the Kustom '66 Darts. And as mentioned, I wish I had hung onto the blue sparkle one...

Register Sign in to join the conversation