Other Amps

HELP: combo cab rattle

No reason a Supro Thunderbolt can’t look like this.

Glad you found the rattle and some options. I've found rattles in the China cabinet, cupboards and more.

That cage around the tubes isn't a faraday cage or anything so grand - I wish! No, it's just modern regulations so that people can't burn themselves by inadvertently sticking their fingers into hot tubes. When i got the DRRI the first thing I did was remove the cage. It's just asking to be the thing that rattles.

And Mr Bluecap - you may think that but perhaps you could have phrased it better.

That cage around the tubes isn't a faraday cage or anything so grand - I wish! No, it's just modern regulations so that people can't burn themselves by inadvertently sticking their fingers into hot tubes. When i got the DRRI the first thing I did was remove the cage. It's just asking to be the thing that rattles.

And Mr Bluecap - you may think that but perhaps you could have phrased it better.

– JimmyR

Yes, ALL my Fender tube cages have rattled. Not this one. Dead silent. IMO, this amp is made better than alot of the modern day Fenders, certainly better than the Blues Junior and 2 Supersonics I own/owned.

And +1 to your 2nd comment. Some people just can't help themselves.

Register Sign in to join the conversation