Other Amps

Fender London Reverb cabinet conversion

I’ve had this lying around for awhile. An early 80’s London Reverb cab that came loaded with two EV Force 10’s. Gonna convert it into a 1x15” extension cab for a Bassman combo.

The bottom was a little busted up from some rollers someone installed. The cab is definitely worth repairing. Solid pine case and a plywood baffle.

A little glue, some screws and pressure should tighten up the bottom nicely.

Gonna stick a big ol Weber Cali 15 inside.

This is what came out of it. Apparently these were high end solid state amps when they hit the sales floor.

Those red knob Fenders have a small cult following even now. This was I guess the '82 to 84 era. Chassis was smoked?

Rivera era amp. Never saw the chassis, I got this without. Just the cab and speakers.

This is what came out of it. Apparently these were high end solid state amps when they hit the sales floor.

– Powdog

Love the Force 10 late '60's typography: it's sooo space age.

Gonna make that bassman sound huge!

My friend and I rented two amps to play a talent show, one was a Traynor 2x12, probably a YGL Mark III, the other I remember as a London Twin Reverb, but I guess it was London Reverb, I think it was a 2x12. It sounded pretty great, back around 1988 to our young metalhead ears.

They both blew up.

I don’t sell anything anymore.

But I do give stuff away periodically.

I don’t sell anything anymore.

But I do give stuff away periodically.

– Powdog

Trade ????

Weber 15” Cali

Nice! Is it staying open back like that?

For now. I’ll make a full back panel to see if the player likes it better closed.

An open 15” was good enough for Stevie.

Spencer Kilpatrick of Failure Machine giving the new rig a run thru.

Sure makes the controls more accessible.

Register Sign in to join the conversation