Miscellaneous Rumbles

Paging Mr. Hudson!!

Richard, are you ok down there in Ardmore, OK, I just saw on the news where y'all had 10" of rain?

Hope you and all your family and homes are alright...

Holy moly! You better surface soon RH. xx

yes texas and oklahoma enduring monsoons, while california turns to dust…drought!!…steinbeck in reverse

hope all is well…keep the guitars above water!

cheers

Couldn't wait so I called him. All is well, yes there's been lots of rain, but he and the family are fine.

Couldn't wait so I called him. All is well, yes there's been lots of rain, but he and the family are fine.

– Deed Eddy

You are The Best, Deed! Not many people would take the time or make the effort to reach out like that! Hats off to you!

Thanks Deed, I could have e-mailed him, but I figured he'd check in here.

I was beginning to think there had been an ark secretly built somewhere and I was not privy for entrance, but, wonder of wonders, the sun is shining this afternoon and there are at least a couple more like that in the forecast. As for me and my family, we have been fortunate to not have suffered harm, but many of my neighbors and fellow townspeople have not been so fortunate. Heartbreak of heartbreaks is the one tragic story of the young Dad who was trying to carry his little 2 year old son and himself to safety, but the gentle brook that had now swollen into a raging rain swollen river full of rapids and white water swept the little boy out of his arms. That was yesterday afternoon/evening. The little boy was found around noon today. Precious little guy. The whole town is in mourning. Your prayers and good thoughts their way would be appreciated.

We have been in drought for the last several years, but we almost got our average annual rainfall amount in the month of May. Yesterday was beautiful to behold the beauty and strength of nature, but at the same time, very scary to know what could happen. I am most grateful that my family, to include all of my precious little grand babies, are all safe tonight. Thank you for caring.

What would we do without Deed? She is a jewel. We are blessed.

So glad to know that you and the family are ok Richard!

Are you coming to CAAS this year? Dianna and I hope to make it for at least 2 or 3 days, 4 gets to be almost too much for me nowadays...

I know I'm not Richard, but I live about 6 miles west and it got very interesting. Saw some things I've never seen in my lifetime. Floods are serious stuff.

I know I'm not Richard, but I live about 6 miles west and it got very interesting. Saw some things I've never seen in my lifetime. Floods are serious stuff.

– Threadkiller

glad to hear that you're safe as well. yep, floods can be very devastating. being from Louisiana, I've seen a lot of them.

Richard, glad to hear that you and your family are doing well. I saw on the weather news that there had been a "rock slide" onto a highway there in Ardmore. I told Linda, "that's where Richard lives". again, glad to hear that y'all are doing well.

Brent

Glad that you "GDP Okkies" are OK. It has been a mess in the Midwest the last few weeks.

My little burg in "Missery", and the surrounding area got nailed two weeks ago. 10" of rain in 24 hours, with 6" in less than two hours. That was after a full month of only 4 days without any rain.

Our place got nailed. Town's sewer system couldn't handle all the overflow, and it decided that it was the Old Cowboy's turn for a sewer backup in the basement/garage.

Lost the water heater, washer and dryer, and my beloved hot rod. Car is totalled, just got a new washer/dryer and hot water heater. Heating Boiler still has to be checked out for whatever the verdict will be.

Still going through everything that was damaged and taking pics and filling out forms for the insurance.

Good news, insurance will cover all losses.

Best news, we're all fine, just tired and able to move forward.

Flooding sucks, but we are blessed with each other and our health.

I have no complaints.

Cowboy, I think you guys got about the same stuff we did. My grass sure is green.

Glad all of you folks are alright. We got hit with a sudden fall of rain last night that our sewer systems couldn't keep up with either. Luckily it subsided before they backed up too far.

The talk now is that the Red River bridge on I-35 is about to be closed because of high water. They are estimating about 2:00 this afternoon. There is not another feasible route. I-35 is the main north/south thoroughfare from Mexico to Canada. This is going to get interesting.

The rock slide on I-35 north of Ardmore is ridiculous. The State DOT has their 950 and 960 loaders up there with their 5 yard dump trucks, and all they can do is look at it and shut the highway down. There are no less than 4 large rock quarries within 10 miles of the rock slide with numerous 992 loaders and huge quarry trucks that could make short order of that little dinky rock slide. These guys deal with that kind of thing all day everyday. They say there is another huge boulder about to break loose, but the rock quarry guys know how to handle that too. The general public suffers because of gross incompetence at the state level.

But, my grass sure is green throughout all this.

There's flooding all over the Midwest. Seems like we've had nearly forty days worth. In some places near here, they're saying it's the worst in 65 years. Rivers are up and out of their banks, and we've already had a few deaths due to it. Maybe we can ship some of it to California. Be safe all.

Glad that you "GDP Okkies" are OK. It has been a mess in the Midwest the last few weeks.

My little burg in "Missery", and the surrounding area got nailed two weeks ago. 10" of rain in 24 hours, with 6" in less than two hours. That was after a full month of only 4 days without any rain.

Our place got nailed. Town's sewer system couldn't handle all the overflow, and it decided that it was the Old Cowboy's turn for a sewer backup in the basement/garage.

Lost the water heater, washer and dryer, and my beloved hot rod. Car is totalled, just got a new washer/dryer and hot water heater. Heating Boiler still has to be checked out for whatever the verdict will be.

Still going through everything that was damaged and taking pics and filling out forms for the insurance.

Good news, insurance will cover all losses.

Best news, we're all fine, just tired and able to move forward.

Flooding sucks, but we are blessed with each other and our health.

I have no complaints.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

Tough to hear about this JD, but glad to hear your insurance will actually do something for you. Been a tough couple of weeks here too, but more of an inconvenience than anything else.

I count my blessings every day.

Yep, banner year for wetness all around, and I'm just happy to hear that all us GDPer's are OK so far.

Like Richard stated....."grass sure is green"......and grows a couple inches a day too!

All my family still is getting nervous by just starting a bath or shower. Guess it's "that sound"............"Not again"

Glad you'all are okay.

– UncleGrumpy

great song, John ! and very appropriate.

Register Sign in to join the conversation