Other Amps

Fender 65 DRRI Vs Tone Master Fender Twin Vs Hot Rod Deville For Ch…

I think the Deville sounds fuller with the 2 12" speakers - it's glorious but it's also more fatiguing because it's also very loud. Both the DR and Deville sound great though. They both have good punch but the Deville moves more air. I prefer the upgraded Cannabis Rex speakers to the original speakers on the Deville as well - they are warmer and have a great bottom end.

Is there a big difference? There is some difference but they both are perfect for it. I just said I prefer the Deville but in practical terms I prefer the Deluxe Reverb on about a volume setting of about 3 in the house. It's more practical in a house. Gigging with them might be different. The Deville is also super heavy and impractical to move

Surprising. That's the first even partially negative review I've read.

I wouldn't discount speaker changes, which can make a vast difference.

Surprising. That's the first even partially negative review I've read.

I wouldn't discount speaker changes, which can make a vast difference.

– Proteus

I've seen a few reviews saying the TMDR version has more punch than the TMTR now so there are some people out there with a similar opinion. It could be the speakers - I'm not going to try and guess why. I guess in the fullness of time we'll have a clearer picture. Also by punch I don't mean raw volume - I'm talking about dynamics.

Register Sign in to join the conversation