Other Amps

faked up or original ?

Well you see in some late 60s early 70s ( I guess) Fender catalogs with some of the big amps loaded with stock JBLs and they had a little JBL badge on front.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FE...

But here's this black panel Champ with a little JBL badge and seems safe to say this is not original. Champs were always the same little dogs**t 8 that was always in there, and even that JBL looks more like a 70s thing.

Still clean shape tho and that better be a 4 ohm 8. But I am VC only and stayin' south of $700.

An "all original" amp from the 60's with a 3-prong power cord? Guess you could call it a "Safety upgrade", like changing the glass in a 1930's car, but it's really not original any more. Wonder what else may have been updated...

Too rich for me and I still have my Beltone from the same era. It has the best tremolo for the buck I've heard.

That faceplate looks really shiny and clean but the circuit looks real. Dont think Champs ever came with a JBL.

That's not a JBL, or at least not any kind of vintage JBL. 60's JBL's had Alnico magnets and JBL logos, and there were no 8" JBL guitar speakers.

That's not a JBL, or at least not any kind of vintage JBL. 60's JBL's had Alnico magnets and JBL logos, and there were no 8" JBL guitar speakers.

– Billy Zoom

That doesn't look like a '60s JBL, even without the logo.

Bet it sounds good.

For a Champ.

That looks like a more recent(70s 80s) E series JBL, Uber Heavy and powerful. And too much speaker for a champ probably. Definitely not original in my opinion

I have a pair of 50s/60s JBL D208s in my stereo vibrochamp build. They are 8" speakers They are probably originally for hifi but so were some of the other used in guitar amps. Extended range drivers so they work well for instruments. I call them Babyells and they look exactly like mini D120s

Like this hms-excellent-vintage-7891833" rel="nofollow">https://www.worthpoint.com/...

Register Sign in to join the conversation