Other Amps

Eminence Ragin’ Cajun 10” speaker.

I mentioned the other day that I had been given an Eminence Ragin' Cajun by a friend who just didn't like the fact that it was so clean.

I have to tell you that after I put it into my G-DEC-3 THIRTY I just love this speaker. It is incredibly efficient as I now turn the volume knob to about half of where I used to and the speaker just rings so clear and pure. It stays clean until the volume becomes literally unbearable. It also has much more and tighter low end than the original speaker did. It is like I got a new amp.

I have a new found respect for Eminence speakers. Another great product from the Commonwealth of Kentucky!

If you ever have a spare 80 bucks or so try to pick up a used Fender Frontman 25R. I have one in Ireland and they're pretty good clean amps for the money. A very common mod for these is to install a Ragin' Cajun 10'; people are blown away by what the amp can do with this mod.

Interesting.

I wonder how there 12' Patriot speakers sound in a Blackface Deluxe Reverb?

Yours

Drew

I have Ragin' Cajuns in my Vibroverb RI. No complaints whatsoever.

Don

I have not been this impressed and pleased with a speaker since the JBL D series. It sounds more like a 12" than a 10". My 5120 loves it. I'll post a YouTube as soon as I can.

Steve I have a Texas Heat I was running in one of my TopHats. They are an impressive speaker except the hemp cone ones. They've yet to impress me.

Steve I have a Texas Heat I was running in one of my TopHats. They are an impressive speaker except the hemp cone ones. They've yet to impress me.

– roadjunkie

– roadjunkie

Have you tried smoking them? 8-)

yeah I have a pretty strong attachment to the redcoat eminence stuff

I use the ramrod and private jack in a couple amps and they sound killer for not alot of money.

I have been pondering what to do with my princeton reissue. I was going back and forth with a weber of some sort or one of the eminence lines

My '70 Princeton Non-Reverb has the RC. Clean all the way up. That's alright by me. If I want some dirt I'll just slap a pedal in front of it. Hasn't happened so far.

– roadjunkie

– Bear

– roadjunkie

– Bear

I'm one of those guys that gets paranoid. It took some joy out of life.

I love me some Eminence speakers.

I've got the Ragin Cajun in my SCXD amp and a C-Rex in the the extension cab. They are both outstanding. Long break in time on the C-Rex though.

I also swapped out the Jensen C12K's in my Twin for Texas Heats. I didn't think anything could give that amp more headroom but the heats did just that.

Register Sign in to join the conversation