Other Amps

De Lisle Quadralux Reverb Review

The new (December 2019) issue of "Vintage Guitar" arrived today. It includes a GREAT review of this De Lisle amp on page 107!

Congratulations Jer/Mugsy and I hope this brings good things to you and your business!!

Isn't this the Bax Signature amp? That's so cool!

Hey, thanks, Dan! I wasn't sure when it would come out. Went to BAM last night to grab a copy, but their guitar magazine selection didn't include Vintage Guitar or Premier Guitar.

Yep, that's the Baxter amp. It's been tweaked a bit over the years. A channel footswitch is also an option.

Such a cool amp. Kudos Jer.

Hey, thanks, Dan! I wasn't sure when it would come out. Went to BAM last night to grab a copy, but their guitar magazine selection didn't include Vintage Guitar or Premier Guitar.

Yep, that's the Baxter amp. It's been tweaked a bit over the years. A channel footswitch is also an option.

– mugsy

I'll try to scan the article and post it here.

If you can't find the Dec. issue of VG, PM me your mailing address. When I'm finished reading my copy I'll stick in an envelope and mail it to you (USPS).

Thanks, Powdog!

Man, that's a super kind offer, Dan! I'm going to take another shot at finding one locally tonight. If I strike out, I'll definitely send a PM. Thanks!

bump for the man on GDP who makes the finest amps around. I wish people would spend money on a good amp instead of e-magic guitars then adding $1K in upgrades. Keep the E-magic guitar stock and SPEND the freakin money on a REAL, AMERICAN made from the ground up. Even if its from the ass cold state of Indiana :)

A truly unique de Lisle design, the Quadralux Reverb offers guitarists the versatility of four vintage inspired tube amps in one portable package; including the tweed 5E3 Deluxe, tweed 5F11 Vibrolux, Princeton Reverb, and a variation de Lisle’s own Rutgers Reverb.

Quadralux Reverb features include:

Mercury Magnetics Transformers 12” Weber Blue Dog Alnico Tube-driven spring reverb Bias modulating tremolo All-tube design: 2 x 6V6, 1 x 12AT7, 3 x 12AX7, 1 x 5AR4 Tweed controls: volume, tone, speed, and intensity Blackface controls: volume, treble, bass, reverb, speed, intensity Front panel channel and bias switching Completely hand-wired Gold plated turrets and silver plated Teflon wire 34-pound combo, 20 x 18.75 x 10.5

Well, y'all know I think they're a honkin' great idea AND a honkin' great execution, so a honkin' great amp

I read the review of the deLisle Quadralux Reverb in this month's Vintage Guitar and I was not surprised by the great review. Also, kudos to VG for continuing to recognize small builders/artisans. Not surprised as I have a deLisle Nickelbox Combo w/ the Reverb and Trem options and I can't say enough good things about it. The build quality is superb, it sounds great (clean and dirty), takes pedals great, it looks great, both the reverb and trem sound great. I think if there was ever a shootout done of 5 watt tube combos, the DeLisle would win hands down. I also have to say that Jer DeLisle (Mugsy) is a pleasure to do business with.....customer service second to none.

That's a hell of a thing. Still not for sale in UK?

Thanks for the bump and the kind words, Tavo!

And thanks Bax and Gretschadelphia! Very much appreciated

After two trips to Books-a Million, two different Barnes and Nobles, two grocery stores, Walgreens and CVS, I still haven't found a copy.

Sending Dan a PM. If it doesn't get to him and/or anyone else should see this, I'll happily pay for the magazine, postage, handling, pain and suffering, etc.

Hmm.....Barnes and Nobles usually carries Vintage Guitar. If you want, I would be happy to make a copy of the review and send it to you......or.....let me know and I can check my local Barnes and Noble and if they have the current issue, I'd be more than happy to grab one for you and mail it. Some GC's also carry VG. Sometimes subscribers get the issue earlier than it hits the stores.

Jer -- my copy is in the mail. I finished reading it last night -- I'm not one to hang on to magazines once read.......

Thanks again, Dan! You rock!

Thank you Gretschadelphia for offering to make a magazine run for me. The GDP is such a great place

Thanks again, Dan! You rock!

Thank you Gretschadelphia for offering to make a magazine run for me. The GDP is such a great place!

Congrats on the review!

I think the bookstores only get the latest issue a week or two after subscribers. My ‘61 Super was featured a couple months ago and when I looked at B&N it wasn’t available until a bit later. The online version also took a couple weeks after I received my print copy.

Congratulations, Jer! That is a testament to the quality product you produce!

The review is now available in the online edition. You can check it out here.

Made a change to the product image on the site

Thanks Jeff and Andy! And big thanks again to Dan for sending a copy over.

Register Sign in to join the conversation