Other Amps

de Lisle Quadralux Reverb Demo

I'd never made a gear demo (after 11 1/2 years). And neither had the other fellas. My contribution was making the amp. Hope you dig it

I'd love to get one of those someday! What a fantastic design!

Great to hear this, so cool to have all those amp options in one box. Do the sounds blend or is it designed to use one model at a time? Nice playing too

That was splendid! Great demo and a truly unique amp design!

Nice. I really enjoyed that. The tones that were coming out of yours and Tavo's amps in West Baden, when we were there, were very impressive, as is this video. How many watts is that one?

Impressive tones and demo. Nice auditorium.

Great tones . Love the trem. Cinema?

I'd love to get one of those someday! What a fantastic design!

– JBGretschGuy

You're not that far away. Come on down some time

Great to hear this, so cool to have all those amp options in one box. Do the sounds blend or is it designed to use one model at a time? Nice playing too

– Vince_Ray

Thanks, Vince! It was designed to be one model at a time. Here's a blurb from the website:

The Quadralux is immensely versatile and captures the best of the 50s and 60s Fullerton sound. Flip the front panel channel switch to “Tweed” with the bias switch on “Cathode,” and you’ll be rockin’ a tweed Deluxe. For a little less compression and more bark, move the bias switch over to “Fixed.” Then, kick on the tremolo to revisit the tweed Vibrolux.

To jump to that classic 60s blackface sound, flick the channel switch to “Normal.” This will engage the tube-driven spring reverb, negative feedback circuit and the bass and treble controls. A good number of our Rutgers Reverb amps are cathode biased. For that flavor, toggle back to “Cathode” biasing.

That was splendid! Great demo and a truly unique amp design!

– Mark Nason

Thanks, Mark! It something Baxter and I worked on a few years back. I finally decided to make it a standard model.

Nice. I really enjoyed that. The tones that were coming out of yours and Tavo's amps in West Baden, when we were there, were very impressive, as is this video. How many watts is that one?

– Suprdave

Thanks, Dave! This will run about 12-15 watts depending on bias setting. The Weber is pretty efficient, so it will put out a decent amount of volume.

Impressive tones and demo. Nice auditorium.

– Mark G

Thanks, Mark!

Great tones . Love the trem. Cinema?

– eCastro

Thanks! It's currently a church building, but it may have been a theatre way back

Very cool!

How do you get PG to pay attention? Just send a press release? Buy advertising? Is there someone there to chat up?

Shoot me an email, TIm. I'll give you the skinny.

Dave, Proteus & Josh, this is the amp I took to the Crossroads Roundup and at least one Nashville Roundup. I think all three of you have had a chance to play through it a bit, although as I recall only Proteus got a guided tour through all it'll do (which is a LOT).

Ask me anything I love this amp.

Mugsy, I tried both a Weber Alnico and a Neo Celestion Century Vintage and liked the Neo quite a bit better, for whatever that's worth.

Also, I love that it's a combo now. I know when we did it I insisted on a head, but if I were doing it over I'd probably do a combo.

Mugsy, I tried both a Weber Alnico and a Neo Celestion Century Vintage and liked the Neo quite a bit better, for whatever that's worth.

– Baxter

I like the blue dog with all the voicing combinations. I haven't listened to the Century since I built yours. I may revisit it Wasn't it was stupid cheap on a blowout sale at parts express when we were working on the original?

Also, I love that it's a combo now. I know when we did it I insisted on a head, but if I were doing it over I'd probably do a combo.

– Baxter

We had a few other options on yours that made sense in the head configuration. In the combo, it's just bias and channel switching on the top panel. The combo is a nice lightweight package though. About 34 lbs.

I like the blue dog with all the voicing combinations. I haven't listened to the Century since I built yours. I may revisit it Wasn't it was stupid cheap on a blowout sale at parts express when we were working on the original?

– mugsy

I do recall finding a score deal on it, but it really, really works for me, too. The particular alnico I tried (I'd have to go look at it to see which one it was) got a little harsher in the highs to my ears. The Century is just nice all around. And a featherweight!

Register Sign in to join the conversation