Other Amps

Cowboy amp builds

I also have a 5E3 cabinet made of Black Walnut. No amp in it right now. You gonna be at the Gold Rush Roundup?

– Powdog

That is a tremendous looking cabinet, Powdog.

From the south

You do great work, P-dog!

That is a tremendous looking cabinet, Powdog.

– Ric12string

I had this at Acme Music in the Bay Area for 6 months with no bites. The issue: for a 5E3 Deluxe it's too clean. Go figure.

Almost done.

– Powdog

Just stunning!!

Well, you might have guessed what's going on Joe's Saturday night pick-a-thon prize table.

Geez Louise, as they say.

Doesn't someone say that?

Ridiculously beautiful work. High-end craft-furniture stuff. What else could an amp be that would justify it as living-room-worthy to a wife? End table, with a glass protector over the top? Sidetable, with a drawer above the amp part, and a table above that for a vase and sculpture?

And for amp guts...why not a Reverberocket clone? No one does those, and they're SUCH great-sounding amps.

I mean, I'm dreaming. That's all.

Merci beaucoup.

Looks awesome, now wheres the Logo?

Geez Louise, as they say.

Doesn't someone say that?

Ridiculously beautiful work. High-end craft-furniture stuff. What else could an amp be that would justify it as living-room-worthy to a wife? End table, with a glass protector over the top? Sidetable, with a drawer above the amp part, and a table above that for a vase and sculpture?

And for amp guts...why not a Reverberocket clone? No one does those, and they're SUCH great-sounding amps.

I mean, I'm dreaming. That's all.

– Proteus

Perhaps the tubes could heat up a dish of potpourri for a lovely scent that all can enjoy?

My favorite guts are a Matchless Spitfire circuit retrofit into a Hammond AO-35 chassis.

I repurpose old dynamite crates for the cab. They look rustic but sound great.

I have a Maple one as well, if you're so inclined.

– Powdog

Powdog, these cabinets look like an art deco theater stage - I could see this theater curtains which open up when you switch the amp on.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Roundup!

OMG!!! WoW WoW WoW !!! I am speechless. I love your work!!! The WN 5f1 cab is a pice of art. And I love the design of the 5e3 cab.

You are the Cab-Master!

Thanks Valdez. Hopefully folks will be more impressed by the sound!

Unfortunately it turns out the power transformer doesn't have the juice to push a 6L6, so it's back to the 6V6. Not that that's a bad thing. It still has headroom for those that play clean.

"I repurpose old dynamite crates for the cab. They look rustic but sound great."

Oh yeah, I'll just go and grab some dynamite crates. Haha! Where on earth does one source dynamite crates? I would love some!

I am in awe of Powdog's work. More than a little envious of his workshop too. Man I would love to have a thicknesser, a table saw, a table router, a fingerjoint jig, a drill press....

In case anyone happened to miss it, Mel is the new owner.

I wonder if Joe C has any pussycats?

Register Sign in to join the conversation