Other Amps

Cowboy amp builds

One more time! Another cowboy amp, this one in a figured oak cab. I'm planning on starting with a 6156 circuit, replacing the tremolo with a reverb circuit and using Jupiter caps. I had Weber make me a couple 10" speakers just for these amps. Should have more clean, warm headroom than the first cowboys.

WoW!!! Oak cap, isn't it too heavy and too stiff for good warm sound? Good idea with the Spcial Webers.

Cool! Reverb hey? Will that be the same circuit style as in the valco amps? And.....does this one include the leather edging. Using the guitar strap was genius. We were all thinking how the hell did he do that but you kindly revealed the secret

Cool! Reverb hey? Will that be the same circuit style as in the valco amps? And.....does this one include the leather edging. Using the guitar strap was genius. We were all thinking how the hell did he do that but you kindly revealed the secret

Nice man, I'm not into western/cowboys things but this is quality work!

I've planed the oak down to 1/2". Not too heavy, hopefully won't sound/feel too stiff. I've done this before with 5F2a circuits and they sound great.

Planning on some combination of wood and leather. Still have a few guitar straps left from last time.

Register Sign in to join the conversation