Other Amps

Building a A0-44 based Peewee

Did you try a SS rectifier?

You mean to get more voltage out of the power supply? I actually use put use an SS recitifier in all my builds as I generally go for cleans. I'm not looking for power supply sag. I haven't revisited it yet. i've been caught up in this old red country club I foolishly bought.

The last amp I built used a pole pig xmr and the 3-500z tubes. Output was around 2700 watts with 100 watts of input drive. I have never tried audio circuits. Just rf.

You mean to get more voltage out of the power supply? I actually use put use an SS recitifier in all my builds as I generally go for cleans. I'm not looking for power supply sag. I haven't revisited it yet. i've been caught up in this old red country club I foolishly bought.

– Toxophilite

I thought when you turned it up you were getting too much compression (with the EZ81). A SS recto might help with that.

It could've been It was ^%$&^%&^ loud! i might still try it at rehearsal for kicks to see how it holds up

I built one of these for a buddy. He plays it thru a 4x12 JBL cab and its loud as heck. It’s his #1 amp now.

Yikes I hope he never has to move tat 4 x 12 JBL cab I LOVE JBLs but HEAVY! Whew! I have a couple of D123s in a pair of my deluxes

We used to load it into the trunk of his ‘68 Cougar when we gigged. The wheel wells would drag when he hit a bump.

Haven’t thought about that in 30 years. Thanks for the brain tickle!

The Mini and the behemoth.

The Mini atop a more manageable Cherry 2x12 cab. Vin30 on top and a ceramic Tone Tubby hempcone on the bottom.

Nice Nothing like natural flame. It looks like the head is on fire! Look at all those lovely sounding JBLS!

Register Sign in to join the conversation