Other Amps

Boss Katana: anybody else here have one?

When I bought my 5435, I also got a Katana 50. (Weird, as I was looking for a Tele and a Blues Cube, but I fell in love with the Gretsch and the Katana.). Is there anyone else here who uses a Katana? Can't see too many threads about them here.

I like the sound of the boss and so does my son i however went with the vox adio air gt. I liked what i got from it better. I did enjoy the boss with my tele though.

I'm thinking of getting the Katana 100W 2x12 amp w/foot controller. I'm simply tired of lugging my old Fender tube amp around, it must weigh 60 lbs. I tried one out the last time I was at the Guitar Center, and it seemed like a lot of amp for the money. I thought it sounded great, though I couldn't really crank it up very loud at the GC. It has a lot of on board effects and amp modeling, I have a line 6 pod HD500X, and I'm wondering if this amp is a bit overkill. I guess more is better?

I also have a Katana 50. I play my Gretsch 6122 59 and Epiphone SST Classic through it. It's a nice sounding amp with a lot of features, plus it doesn't weigh a much. If you haven't already download the software and make sure you have the latest update for the amp. There is a sneaky amp download that is worth looking at. One of the sneaky amp modes sounds like a Fender Twin if you are into a Fender clean sound.

So far I'm digging the amp as it comes, without any downloads or online tweaks. At some point, though, I just know I'll be tempted to hit up the sneaky amps.

When I bought my 5435, I also got a Katana 50. (Weird, as I was looking for a Tele and a Blues Cube, but I fell in love with the Gretsch and the Katana.). Is there anyone else here who uses a Katana? Can't see too many threads about them here.

– MisterZ

Yeah, me. Can't fault it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation