Other Amps

BlJr. oversized cabinet

Just build this 12" two-tone-tweed cab for Blues Jr., two-tone-tweed, honey/oxsblood, 440x490x275, 18mm pine, dovetailed, 12mm birch baffle, oxblood grill cloth, brook wood leather handle.

The particle board cabinet is one of the biggest problems with the BJ. Should make a world of difference. Nice finish. Lacquer?

The particle board cabinet is one of the biggest problems with the BJ. Should make a world of difference. Nice finish. Lacquer?

– Powdog

Plus the fact it's undersize (stock) for optimum results w/ a 12" spkr.

Great looking cab!

Thanks guys! Its shellacked.

Will ya stop.

It's beautiful and should make a significant sonic improvement. With the added room, I'd also replace the stock 9" Accutronics Reverb pan with a 17" Mod pan.

Yes, you have even more space for a bigger Reverb pan in the 2x10" cabs I made and bigger sound too!

That is so cool. I bet the amp sounds a lot better now too.

A bigger cabinet will improve your tone significantly and especially the BJRs cabinet is a bad tonekiller. A big cabinet made of solid wood (and a resonant baffle) leads to big tone. On the picture you can see a standard Cream 5E3-clone and the approx. 4 inches bigger cabinet (same amp). The bigger cabinet sounds like it has a light reverb inside. Fantastic.

Sorry, yes, a really cool cab!

Thank you guys nice to see you like my work. You are right the sound improvement is huge.

The cabs are for sale btw. If you like one please PM me.

Register Sign in to join the conversation