Other Amps

Artwork for the upcoming show

Busy preparing for the Vintage Guitar Show Veenendaal next week (if you're in NL - check it out: lots of vintage Gretsches there twice a year!) and a couple of guys are helping out with some killer artwork. Thought you guys might enjoy the visuals!

Incidentally, the artist who drew these is an avid Gretsch player himself. You'll see that in these banners.

I'm curious to hear what you guys think!

And credit where credit's due: Eric Rugers of Launderette composed and drew these. The man is a genius!

Wow. Really, really great work!

Fantastic job!

I want these as prints to frame up, the art work is spot on.

Hi Michiel. As much as I love "his" work I never associated Elektra Amps with skulls and snakes. Maybe that's just me but you asked for opinions. Good luck!

The first one is great! The amp more in front and the theme does it for me!

"americana"... euro style!!

has standard blues and rockabilly archetypes...good job

next one a liitle more jazzy perhaps

cheers

Absolutely killer design and artwork. Love 'em both!

Hi Michiel. As much as I love "his" work I never associated Elektra Amps with skulls and snakes. Maybe that's just me but you asked for opinions. Good luck!

– sascha

I know what you mean Sascha. I'm took a leap of faith with taking Eric's design as it is, but I felt his visuals are so stunning I couldn't say no. The skulls and snakes are the language of the scene - in that I can connect with them. Thanks for voicing your honest opinion. Much appreciated!

"americana"... euro style!!

has standard blues and rockabilly archetypes...good job

next one a liitle more jazzy perhaps

cheers

– neatone

Haha, thanks! I'm gonna take that as a big fat compliment.

Brains are already on that suggestion!

Not a fan of the whole pin-up motif.

– Strummerson

OK, noted. How do you feel about the other?

Yesterday's show was a blast. Lots of cool people coming over for a chat and a song. My ears are still ringing!

My buddy Bas van de Booren came along to help out and demo the amps from time to time. Here is a short vid of him in his element.

Cool artwork, but I'm curious as to the quote from "Your the One That I Want" from the musical Grease. Copyright considerations in your country?

I want these as prints to frame up, the art work is spot on.

– Mr Tubs

Seriously, I'd love that as a print.

Cool artwork, but I'm curious as to the quote from "Your the One That I Want" from the musical Grease. Copyright considerations in your country?

– Deed Eddy

Yeah, I know what you mean Deed. I have some concerns there too, but the banners were already in print before I could make the point. I hope John and Olivia will take it kindly. Just going with the flow here for now.

Seriously, I'd love that as a print.

– crowbone

Send me a PM

Send me a PM

– Michiel

Sent!

Register Sign in to join the conversation