Other Amps

amps @ Atomic

Saw these while passing thru -- first a new one to me AIMS -- never heard of them. Solid state 2 channel reverb and trem.. probably right up my alley if it were 1/4 of the weight.

Then very clean early 60s Gibson w/ mint original cover

tired brown Pro w/ period JBL

Nice black panel Bandmaster -- I think '67 was the only year black panel overlapped w/ big cabs(?)

then a rough pair of Hagstroms (wooden style and plastic top style)

tired brown Pro w/ period JBL

– DCBirdMan

I'd love that Pro. How much were they asking?

I'd love that Pro. How much were they asking?

– sascha

You know I didn't even look -- the Gibson was the only one I was sorta liking.

These guys aren't all that into vintage stuff but when it comes in it's marked way up

I have totally lost track of what these (or any 1960-63) brown/blond/white era ones go for.

But I can check -- it's not going anywhere

You know I didn't even look -- the Gibson was the only one I was sorta liking.

These guys aren't all that into vintage stuff but when it comes in it's marked way up

I have totally lost track of what these (or any 1960-63) brown/blond/white era ones go for.

But I can check -- it's not going anywhere

– DCBirdMan

Thanks, DCBM. I was just generally interested.

Since I'm in Europe a purchase is no option, unfortunately. These amps are expensive over here.

What's the model on that Gibson, Birdman? Price?

What's the model on that Gibson, Birdman? Price?

– Otter

Again, vague on details --I gotta get more info when I do this. I think it just said Gibsonette Tremolo on the panel, They had names like Explorer... but KLEEN man clean -- those plastic logos always are broken, etc. Link suggests this was later named Discoverer

Yes its' sure like this one

https://www.retrofret.com/p...

Footswitch -- and cover all folded up... might have been $799

Again, vague on details --I gotta get more info when I do this. I think it just said Gibsonette Tremolo on the panel, They had names like Explorer... but KLEEN man clean -- those plastic logos always are broken, etc. Link suggests this was later named Discoverer

Yes its' sure like this one

https://www.retrofret.com/p...

Footswitch -- and cover all folded up... might have been $799

– DCBirdMan

If that's what it really is and in that kind of condition (incl footswitch and original cover) and if it works.....I'm guessing $799.99 might be a more than fair price or better. Even if it needs some maintenance, those old hand wired USA made amps are really easy for a decent tech to work on.

Nice Fender Pro amp, it looks like an early center volume amp. I have a 1962 and it is one great amp, even my wife like it so much she says I can not sell it! Thanks John

If that's what it really is and in that kind of condition (incl footswitch and original cover) and if it works.....I'm guessing $799.99 might be a more than fair price or better. Even if it needs some maintenance, those old hand wired USA made amps are really easy for a decent tech to work on.

– Gretschadelphia

Well I checked it out... it's $899 but just hit the floor today and wait 3 weeks and you know it's $100 less. The cover is used looking but still ok it. Silver basket Jensen is a 1960 so it all dates correctly. Original footswitch w/ long cord is super cool

Played it -- man it's LOUD. Has 2 6BQ5s... but what I don't get is how it just has one other (preamp) tube... apart from the rectifier tube. How they can do preamp and trem in one tube... who knows except that weird stuff they had going then like 6EU7.

The BirdMan test... nothing plugged in then listen w/ volume wide open and it does have a lo-hum --volume dependent --but not loud --@ full crank.So maybe some tweakin' - -actually the trem was way too fast -- it has to be slowed down some-- slowest speed is right now moderate speed.. Intensity still good but on full speed it was like Sounds from Outer Space. Thomas Vox solid state trem was intentionally super fast.

Still clean and cool for yr little 12 watt scene, and way cheaper than a brown Princeton.

Nice Fender Pro amp, it looks like an early center volume amp. I have a 1962 and it is one great amp, even my wife like it so much she says I can not sell it! Thanks John

How cool to see this posting now. I was at Atomic today to purge non-used gear and ended up with a couple of amps - see my new post in this section shortly.

As a huge fan of the brownface Fender amps, I was tempted by the Pro, especially after having recently sold my '60 Vibrasonic. The Pro's list price is at $2999. I tried checking the date code on the tube chart but unfortunately, that part of the chart was cut or broke off (very clean cut).

Register Sign in to join the conversation