Other Guitars

Guilds getting ready for NAMM

Saw this picture on Facebook. Looks like Cordoba is really pushing the Newark Street line. The Starfire 4 in front is the curious one. Appears to be Maple with a stop tailpiece. Up to now all of the Newark Streets have been mahogany with the harp (or Bigsby) tailpiece. Notice the black Starfire 5 as well. that's a new color for the NS series.

Let's see if there are any surprises from Gretsch!

yum!

Wonder if they addressed the volume imbalance on the Mini-humbuckers ? Looks like the blond double cut w/ the stop tail also has the return of the Guild fullsize 'buckers. The original Guild fullsize 'buckers were terrific pu's.

Its really nice to see Cordoba pushing the NS line forward, post Fender. I hope these guitars start getting the marketing and attention they deserve. I'm really impressed with my new X-175. Fantastic guitar.

It appears that Guild is in good hands with Cordoba Music Group as their new owner. Supposedly they'll have new acoustic guitars being produced in California within a few months.

That picture is like walking into your favourite pub and it being full of people you want to spend time with. Go Guild!

Back in the good old days here in Philadelphia, when we had several large independent instrument shops...it seemed like everyone of them was an official Guild dealer (Zapf's, Medley, 8th St Music, and Cintioli's were all Guild dealers) so Guild guitars were everywhere. That Facebook picture of all the Guilds reminds me of those days. I wonder if Cordoba has any plans to expand the solidbody line beyond the Polara....maybe a solidbody/chambered Bluesbird ?

Still dreaming about the the butterscotchy wonderfulness of the A-150. One day...

Still dreaming about the the butterscotchy wonderfulness of the A-150. One day...

– Bob Howard

I'm with you Bob!

Looks like something gold on the wall in the back...

I could see getting on quite well with an M-75

– Bob Howard

I'm with you too. Also, the 175 B is calling my name.

I've never owned a Guild. That might have to change.

Dylan

Wonder if they addressed the volume imbalance on the Mini-humbuckers ? Looks like the blond double cut w/ the stop tail also has the return of the Guild fullsize 'buckers. The original Guild fullsize 'buckers were terrific pu's.

– Gretschadelphia

I've been in contact with those responsible at Fender/Guild and Cordoba. I was the one who discovered the fact that the original bridge pup is horrifically underwound. It's being taken care of, although exactly when, I'm not at liberty to discuss. I'm going to buy a couple replacements asap.

The Cordoba booth has been packed every time I've gone by it, but mostly on the Guild side. Seeing a wall of Starfires is a lovely thing, and the attention they're getting bodes well for the brand.

Register Sign in to join the conversation