Other Amps

Acoustic Rig

Just received my Pine Box...

Add to that a pair of Jensen P10R's, a pair of Weber Beam Blockers, an LR Baggs Para DI, and an Atlas PA601 Power Amp...

I'll put a set of plain furniture legs on to add some height, going for a 50's Retro look. Might use cane for grille cloth...need to shop around a little bit.

The Adamas has it's own Pre-Amp and Tone Control.

For the others I have the Baggs, a PUTW undersaddle Piezo and a Barcus Berry. Need a Rhythm Chief and an M1.

With the ears failing it's nice to hear yourself through an amp placed across the room...great to be able to listen as if another is playing.

This is my next, keep myself busy, 2019-2020 project, along with getting the Music Room finally rearranged.

Some good lookin' woodwork there-- you have this all planned out.

Personally I prefer piezo soundboard transducers (like K&K, Baggs I-Beam etc....) to piezo UST pickups. The rest of your rig looks great.

I'll end up with every kind...

Still staring at my options, and if I want to suspend mount the Atlas underneath...I plan to have the box upright.

Legs on order, need those to figure the spacing.

I wouldn’t have thought P10Rs for an acoustic rig. Curious to see how they respond.

Looks like you have it all figured out. If you do need any local cabinet shop help or access to one, my door is always open.

I'll start with those, just didn't want another 15" cabinet.

I used to jack the other, now unreliable, "WhisperClear 50" SS head to them...the ceramic C15N probably was more appealing, but they sound fine.

Swapping speakers is easy...a C10R on top is a real possibility, too, best of both worlds...bright and warm.

I gotta stop perusing the Pages with exhausted late night blurry vision. I thought you had an acoustic pig. Made me wonder what an electric pig sounds like.

Phase One successful...

Now to put new RCA connectors on my current PickUps...

Sounds of the 70's...the Barcus Berry on a 1973 Giannini AWS-740.

I need to try a few different spots, BB's are always very trebly.

I think this BB Outsider is actually a Crystal? not Pressure like a Piezo....

Pick-Up-the-World undersaddle piezo on the 1912 Gibby L1...much purer sound reproduction.

At least a dozen years ago I figured how to wedge the Barcus Berry Outsider between the saddle and the bridge on the Epi Emperor. I didn't have the gear I have now. I couldn't get a good EQ.

But now I can, and I like that big, maple body/spruce top 80/20 clarity versus what I know the Rhythm Chief tone will be with SS or Nickel Flats.

And the made-to-order PUTW undersaddle L1 effort is much better than my last one a decade ago.

I think I will try the DiMarzio "Black Angel" passive for the Dreads and the OO...

Seymour Duncan has the "Woody", and DiMarzio also has the Virtual Acoustic and Super Natural Plus...

Anybody own any of these?

I'm choosing to stay with the "no holes/no marks", easy on/off mount.

Sounds of the 70's...the Barcus Berry on a 1973 Giannini AWS-740.

I need to try a few different spots, BB's are always very trebly.

I think this BB Outsider is actually a Crystal? not Pressure like a Piezo....

– Twangmeisternyc

Piezo is crystal.

You can get more realistic acoustic sound with piezo pickups by using some impulse response modeler. For recording you can do this with software plugin in DAW (e.g. Logic Pro has the space designer). For live e.g. Mooer Radar pedal. This will allow you to load impulse response of acoustic guitar. 3 Sigma audio has some great IRs that model acoustics of Martin, Gibson, Taylor etc. guitars. No more piezo quack.

http://www.3sigmaaudio.com/...

I gotta stop perusing the Pages with exhausted late night blurry vision. I thought you had an acoustic pig. Made me wonder what an electric pig sounds like.

– Proteus

Black Angel on the 1962 00-21NY sounds great...adjusted pole pieces for volume, hardly any EQ adjustments.

The best part about all of this is hearing yourself play from across the room, great to gauge technique.

Register Sign in to join the conversation