Other Amps

64 Bassman and its all mine….

Today I did a bit of trading and buying and came home with this '64 Blonde with two matching cabs. One has JBLD131's, the other has vintage Celestion G12h's from '71 and '72.

Man let's see that kool rig. Would have to be really early 64 -- I thought 63 was last year for blondes. Could have been some transition into 64 I guess.

Congrats! I have a '62 Fender Bassman - wonderful amp. I would be curious as to what the two stamped letters (code for year/month) are on the tube chart on the inside side wall of the amp are if the tube chart is still there. If it's a '64, the first letter should be an "N" .

For those who don't know, you can check those two stamped letters and compare them to the chart on the Fender Product Dating site.

Looking forward to pics and congrats again!

Man let's see that kool rig. Would have to be really early 64 -- I thought 63 was last year for blondes. Could have been some transition into 64 I guess.

– DCBirdMan

'64 did see some transitions-like the "tuxedo" Princetons and the blonde Showmans with blackface chassis.Here's my March '64 Bassman- cosmetics are original,but the D120F's were installed by a previous owner.

Kool transitional one where they were using up blond tolex and white knobs but had the black panel chassis scene going.

Register Sign in to join the conversation