Other Amps

64 Bassman and its all mine….

Today I did a bit of trading and buying and came home with this '64 Blonde with two matching cabs. One has JBLD131's, the other has vintage Celestion G12h's from '71 and '72.

Today I did a bit of trading and buying and came home with this '64 Blonde with two matching cabs. One has JBLD131's, the other has vintage Celestion G12h's from '71 and '72.

– TommWilliams

Wow! That’s quite a stack!

Jeebuz!! That’s awesome!!

Beautiful. Just yesterday after church I played one at Guitar Center in Glendora, CA. First time I ever tried one. You got a great amp by friend!

SWEEET!!! You can't sit on it, but you don't have to bend over to crank up the volume!!!

Looks great, congrats! Is that a black face plate instead of brown? I think they did that near the end of the 6G6B run.

Awesome get! Congrats!

Sweet! Hey, isn't that a '63 ? (AFAIK '64 were blackface, not blonde?)

Looks great, congrats! Is that a black face plate instead of brown? I think they did that near the end of the 6G6B run.

– Jeff H

Blackface

Sweet! Hey, isn't that a '63 ? (AFAIK '64 were blackface, not blonde?)

– redrocker

I was told it's a '64. It's a blackface but they were covered in blonde. '65 was the first year of black tolex afaik Or maybe it's a '63?

Whatever it is, you can hurt people with it...

This may be a transition model like my '64 Fender Reverb Unit, which, from what I've been told by some folks on Surf Guitar 101 forum, are fairly unique. When I bought my Reverb Unit from Carter's Vintage Guitars, they had identified it as a '62. After showing the Reverb Unit on the SG101 forum, far more experienced vintage Fender gear enthusiasts than I kindly pointed out that it was in fact a '64. Here's the link to that thread if anyone is interested: NFRUD - 1964 Fender Reverb Unit

Register Sign in to join the conversation