On the 'tube

Yestrdays Cover (CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Hello everyone, today I share with you YESTRDAYS arranged by Chet Atkins album "SOLO SESSION".

I recently installed in my Rivera Chubster a new speaker, the Celestion Alnico cream.

For me the sound is noticeable difference.

I hope you like it, see you soon. CIAO!!!

Love the room, the tone, the playing!

Very nice. I like your studio, also.

I'm really glad you like it, THANK'S !!!!!!!

Great tone and played well. I like it! The guitar laying on the bar stool kind of frightens me...

Good technical presentation with great tone. I do wonder though why all your videos show you playing while focusing on a chart? I'm certain I'm not the only one to be curious about this aspect of your playing Paolo.

Thanks Buddy Holgi, I really like your videos and your music ..........!!!!

Dave, my memory !!!!!!!!!!! I've already talked about here, I is not easy to store the arrangements in mind !!!!!!

I made many mistakes anyway.

Thanks for the comments, I will treasure the advice.

Thanks Buddy Holgi, I really like your videos and your music ..........!!!!

Dave, my memory !!!!!!!!!!! I've already talked about here, I is not easy to store the arrangements in mind !!!!!!

I made many mistakes anyway.

Thanks for the comments, I will treasure the advice.

– Paolo_Spadaro

There's no question you have the talent to play well and I applaud your efforts, however a song played from a chart lacks the intangible, passion, that for me is what always elevates a song from being just learned to being performable.

For me there's 3 stages in the life of a song and I'm speaking specifically of Chet's/Merle's fingerstyle as both you and I play. Stage 1 is working things out either as you do from music and/or tab, or coming up with an all original tune or an arrangement of a existing tune in your mind. Stage 2 is getting it memorized and playable and mistake free at the correct tempo. For me, accomplishing Stage 2 doesn't put it in the performable category....yet.....I'm only mid-way on that journey. Stage 3 is playing it repeatedly so that it can now come to life. This is where I begin putting passion, a part of me, that expresses the story of the lyric's melody.....and this applies equally as much to an instrumental song with no written lyrics (they're implied by the melody) as much as it does to the instrumental version of a song with lyrics.

I've always found a not-so-much level of difficulty song played with passion and clarity will endear a performer to an audience much more so than a difficult song , particularly an uptempo tune, played at Stage 2, even when played clearly. FWIW I have never seen a top guitarist of any style play while reading the music. Solo guitar performing is not the same as a member of a philharmonic orchestra playing many long pieces during a concert and needs the charts. They may be a sit-in replacement and needs to read the charts. The passion is delivered by following the director.....it's his job to put the individual pieces together to create the masterpiece. When you play solo, you are responsible for injecting the mandatory passion.

Thanks Dave, yours is really a wise speech.

Nothing to say you're right to sell, of course this requires more effort, but the end result is what really matters.

Thanks for everything.

PAUL

Hey Paolo, always good to hear you play my friend.

Grazie mille JCHiggy and Paul (Taffy), very much honored!!!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation