On the 'tube

Who needs a whole Band anyway..

When you're Steve Stevens you dont.

Steve’s a brilliant guitarist to say the least. I got see him in NYC a few years ago when Sebastian Bach was singing in their classic rock band.

I am slightly biased though as I am good friends with his older brother. He’s a gifted athlete and industrial design engineer. Strong gene pool in that family.

Steve’s a brilliant guitarist to say the least. I got see him in NYC a few years ago when Sebastian Bach was singing in their classic rock band.

I am slightly biased though as I am good friends with his older brother. He’s a gifted athlete and industrial design engineer. Strong gene pool in that family.

– Gasmoney

His tone and technique set him apart ,thats for sure.

That was way cool! I wore that cassette out in the 80's. The right hand machine gun strumming thing that he did in the lead was insane and I must've watched the video hundreds of times on the old MTV.

That was way cool! I wore that cassette out in the 80's. The right hand machine gun strumming thing that he did in the lead was insane and I must've watched the video hundreds of times on the old MTV.

– Suprdave

I read an interview with him regarding the right hand technique. He said it basically came from studying the classic country blues players--Mississippi John hurt--where they did that style. The intro to this song (if slowed down) would be kind of in that same style.

Everybody liked that song... Stevie's groove a perfect compliment.

Interesting though, the clip has to be 35 years ago...

I saw them in 1985, I guess, at six flags. Billy was wasted, but Steve Steven rocked. Sounds crazy, but he may be the best player I have ever seen live (considering I only saw maybe 2 minutes of SRV live, he doesn't count). Oven wasted billy idol rocked, but he introduced five or six songs as white wedding, went off the back of the stage, etc. Also, that was a freaking loud band. Crazy loud, as in moving air loud. Kind of cracks me up that they were so great.

K

I met them both at an after party at Glassboro State University, and yes Billy was feeling no pain, but Steve was lucid and very conversational.

What a nice guy. He had really big hair back then, too.

Billy is extremely fortunate to have Steve as his guitarist. He's got one of the coolest styles ever. I've admired his tone through the years too. He's one of those guys you automatically know who it is when you hear him.

Really didn't think I was going to like this, and I was right.

I loved it Thanks for sharing.

The guy’s got some talent there! Wish I could come even halfway close.

Register Sign in to join the conversation