On the 'tube

What makes this song great - Led Zep - Watch before it’s taken down

Why would YouTube take down a video that takes an academic approach to understanding a song when there are numerous other videos which are simply straight rip offs of the original recording. At least, he is offering something original to his video that can't be obtained elsewhere. It wouldn't make sense to me to pull his down and leave the other ones up.

It's a matter of the scanning software that looks for copyright violations, as well as the policies of the particular artist. I have heard that certain artists have people monitor YT and get videos flagged or removed. Or, they notify YT that they have a zero tolerance policy about infringement and threaten legal action.

I watched a slot machine video where the sound was cut for a few minutes. The caption on the bottom said, "I had to remove the sound due to copyright issues with the song playing in the background". YT would not allow the video to stay up until the offending song was removed. Lots of other music in the distant background, so apparently it was one very fussy artist that has a zero tolerance policy with YT.

Try and post a fairly current NFL game. Chances are it won't last long.

Yep, Beatbyrd, I understand. However, a quick YouTube search shows that there are a number of videos of Whole Lotta Love on YouTube, some of which have been uploaded by Warner Music Group / Atlantic Records. As such, I doubt that this one will come down anytime soon. Apparently, WMG doesn't care about any copyright violations.

All my favorite bands with my favorite guitar heroes have one thing in common:

they all have epically amazing drummers.

Speaking from experience and having more than 75,000 subscribers on my account along with a few hundred videos, I can tell you that 'Beatbyrd' is 100% correct.

All my favorite bands with my favorite guitar heroes have one thing in common:

they all have epically amazing drummers.

– Ger (aka Ratrod)

Yep. Keep saying that.

Register Sign in to join the conversation